Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Anjarwalla & Khanna is known for its Real Estate practice expertise, and advises on some of the largest real estate developments in East Africa and the largest developments in Kenya, including projects such as the Two Rivers, a 100-acre, fully-integrated mixed-use development, the largest of its kind in Kenya and Garden City, a USD 250 million integrated mixed-use property that includes a 500,000 square feet retail mall, offices, hotel, 600 residential units, businesses and a recreational area. We are the only firm in the market that can deliver the full range of advisory services necessary to handle large development projects from start to finish including advice relating to tax and equity structuring, construction, debt financing, conveyancing, operation and management.
We are looking to recruit a high calibre Associate to join our Real Estate & Construction practice. This individual should possess good knowledge of the land legal system in Kenya.
In more detail, the areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Working with teams of associates and/or assisting Senior Associates and Partners in real estate transactions including the sale and purchases of land and high value complex developments.
- Producing good first drafts of a variety of documents relating to real estate transactions with minimal corrections from the Senior Associates and Partners.
- Undertaking due diligence on properties and property related transactions.
- Undertaking accurate research and providing legal and technical advice including issuing of legal opinions.
- Ensure billing and collection of fees.
- Participate in preparation of departmental training materials and contributes towards A&K’s know how database.
- Participate in business development.
Experience and personal qualities
- Law Degree and an advocate of the High Court.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience post Kenya School of Law (KSL) qualification.
- Ability to consult widely with Senior Associates and Partners on areas that need further guidance.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and communicate progress to Senior Associates and Partners and assist in managing turnaround times and client needs.
- Ability to run with matters with minimal supervision from Senior Associates and Partners.
- Advanced critical and legal reasoning skills.
- Creative decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Actively work towards gaining a general understanding of the different legal areas.
- Effective interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build long standing relationships.
- Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- A commitment to ALN’s mission and strong ethical integrity.
This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
How to apply
If your career aspirations match this opportunity, please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing this position A/REC/22 by 12:00pm (GMT) on Tuesday, 5th July 2022.
You must be logged in to post a comment.