Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Sub Saharan Africa, KE
Company: British Council
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK. These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
There are 2 posts available:
- Audit Manager- Stratford, London
- Audit Manager- Nairobi, Kenya
This role has prime responsibility for overseeing and managing an annual portfolio of audits, including: overseeing and delivering all aspects of internal audit assignments (planning, fieldwork, reporting and action follow up); portfolio-level strategic planning; senior stakeholder management and; providing the business with third line assurance expertise as required. The result will be to contribute to an effective and efficient internal audit department through playing a key role in supporting the British Council in the management of risk and achievement of objectives. The role supports the Director of Internal Audit with the annual audit opinion around the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and control processes across the organisation and provision of first class internal audit services. This role is critical in maintaining the department’s reputation of being a trusted and valued business partner and to provide high quality assurance across a range of risk areas. The candidate is a technically strong, commercial thinking (audit, risk and finance) professional and must have the ability to support, work with and influence colleagues across the organisation. The candidate has a clear vision of best-in-class internal audit services and can deliver high quality and impactful assurance with a high degree of autonomy
The Internal Audit department is a global function with teams in three geographical locations. The team is led by the Director Internal Audit who reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer with a strong ‘dotted’ reporting line to the Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee. The department follows a risk-based approach to audit and conducts both country audits and audits of specific risk areas (Programme Assurance, Information Technology, thematic audits etc.) The Internal Audit department delivers a comprehensive, independent and objective audit service to the organisation in a customer-orientated manner which is in accordance with the British Council values.
The Audit Manager has responsibility for overseeing, planning and executing a portfolio of audits in the Internal Audit plan. The role has a significant exposure to Regional and Global Leadership Teams and the Audit Manager is a direct point of contact for Senior and Regional Management for internal audit related matters.
Key relationships; • Regional and Country Directors • Regional Leadership Teams • Global and/or Regional Heads of SBUs and functions • Colleagues in Internal Audit, Risk, Counter-fraud and Internal Control and Compliance Team. • External auditors (NAO, FCDO, PWC)
Leadership & management
- Assisting the Director of Internal Audit with the delivery of assurance processes to provide a first class Internal Audit service within the organization.
- Establish and develop the profile of Internal Audit in the regions working with Regional Leadership to embed risk-based assurance as a valued professional service
Strategy and/or planning
- Contributing to the creation of the annual audit plan, with key responsibility for identifying and proposing relevant assurance needs aligned to the principal risk profile and overall strategic priorities
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Develop a strong regional and global network in order to identify risks and opportunities to add value and coordinate control framework improvements
Consultancy, analysis and problem solving
- Performing ad-hoc advisory engagements to provide strategic insight on risks and controls to Senior and/or Regional Management.
Role specific skills
- Knowledge of Internal Audit practices (COSO, IIA etc.)
- Knowledge of Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and the mandatory elements of The Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- Risk assessment and analysis
Education, Certification and Professional Qualifications
- A professional accountancy or internal audit qualification is required.
- The British Council systems and global processes operate in English. Written and verbal proficiency in English is required.
Role specific knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in international and multi-cultural organisation
- Robust experience of risk-based audit
- Proven track record of building productive relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Reporting and engaging effectively with senior management
- Independently minded and willing to challenge existing business practice
- Be an exemplar of integrity, honesty, discretion and professionalism
- Managing a portfolio of audits to time and quality across multiple locations and business areas
- Strong track-record with proven experience of successfully managing and delivering similar roles including line management experience.
- Knowledge of SAP applications
- Knowledge of Shared Services operations
- Experience of third party contract assurance
- Program management qualification e.g. MSP, PRINCE2
- IT assurance qualifications e.g. CISA
- Data analytics experience
- Knowledge on use of audit software or tools e.g TeamMate
- Knowledge of governance in a group structure (regional hubs, service clusters)
- Pay Band – SMP/PB9
- Contract Type – IDC
- Location – Nairobi, Kenya
- Requirements- Candidates are expected to have researched whether they have the right to live and work in the country in which the role is based
- Domestic and/or international travel approximately 30%
- Closing Date – 08th July 2022 (23: 59 UK Time)
- Interviews – Will commence in the week of 18th July
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
You must be logged in to post a comment.