Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No.
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Portfolio Manager within Jubilee Life Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will execute the company’s Investment Strategy in consultation with the Investment Committee and deliver superior investment returns on client portfolio. The role holder will also assist with product conception, development and implementation. He/she will manage a team and coordinate with other departmental heads for smooth functioning of the organization and will serve as a Relationship Manager for the company’s clients.
- Develop and oversee the economic and investment research and report to the CEO.
- Responsible for developing portfolios and delivering investment returns exceeding pre-set benchmarks.
- Manage a team of investment professionals and research analysts.
- Ensure timely and coordinated implementation of Investment Committee decisions.
- Regularly monitor portfolios under management and recommend any rebalancing strategies to bring them in line with both agreed investment committee strategies and current client circumstances.
- Report in accordance with the CFA Institute GIPS Performance Reporting Standards
- Uphold and follow the CFA Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Ensure investment decisions are backed by high quality and appropriate research and analysis; both internally and externally.
Business Development Duties
- Manage existing client relationships to retain and grow business from company’s clients.
- Support the Business Development team in presentations to potential clients.
- Leverage existing business relationships of the Group to grow company client base.
Reporting & Relationship Management
- Responsible for periodic reporting to clients while incorporating economic and market overviews, portfolio valuation, performance, and strategy for the following quarter.
- Coordinate with other Departmental Heads to ensure timely and accurate reporting to regulators (CMA/ RBA) as per the regulations.
- Making presentations to Client Investment Committees/ Trustees/ Fund secretaries.
- Preparing strategy papers, investment recommendations and reports to the Board, CEO, and Investment Committee.
- Actively manage relationships with brokers and other market participants.
- Oversee the maintenance of client files for all correspondences, reports, and minutes of Client meetings
- Ensure all documentations regarding relationship with clients in terms of investment management agreement, and investment policy statement are complete and up to date
- Liaise with Operations to ensure that management fees are paid promptly.
- Market Awareness
- Customer Focus
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Actuarial Science/Commerce or any other related field.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- CFA charter holder or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in managing investments.
- Track record of delivering superior investment returns
- Experience in managing funds on a local and/or regional basis will be an added advantage.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 15th July 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.