Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines..
We can also assist you with this job application. Request job application assistance when getting your review…
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Posted Date 23 hours ago (8/28/2019 9:46 PM)
- Regular Full-Time
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Monitoring, Verifications and Reporting Officer III
Department/Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports To: Monitoring and Verifications Technical Officer (MVTO)
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
The Somalia Program Support Services (SPSS) is follow on to the USAID-funded Monitoring and Evaluation Program for Somalia (MEPS) that International Business and Technical Consultants Incorporated (IBTCI) implemented from 2011-2014. SPSS covers a period of five years, from 2014-2019. The primary goal of SPSS is to provide ongoing monitoring, verification and evaluation support to the USAID/East Africa/Somalia Office that will inform programming through delivery of timely qualitative, quantitative and analytical information that will assist USAID in meeting their short, medium- and long-term monitoring objectives in Somalia.
The primary focus of monitoring, verification and reporting (MVR) is on results reported by implementing partners (IP) in the field in order to ensure that IP data are complete, accurate and consistent with agreements and reports, and with USAID’s regulations.
IBTCI is seeking a Nairobi-based and locally hired monitoring and verification position to ensure timely completion of all program verifications throughout Somalia in compliance with the Somalia Program Support Services (SPSS) quality control protocols.
This position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with MVTO, QAM and DCOP-Technical on-site selection for each round.
- Gather background information on planned activities and disseminate the same to teams in the field.
- Manage the preparation of information sheets for all verifications using quarterly reports and workplans.
- Coordinate the preparation of training materials for the TPM tool induction workshop including PowerPoint handouts, and training guide etc. on a routine basis incorporating lessons learned.
- Participate in meetings with implementing partners to discuss selected sites.
- Participate in testing of all new tools within the mobile data collection platforms.
- Ensure adherence to details for site visits, selected beneficiaries and other field issues.
- Work closely with Data Team to verify and cross-reference incoming data in the mobile platform (Data Quality Reviews).
- Coordinate Nairobi level spot-checks of activities for quality control and writes the report focusing on: Challenges, Lessons Learnt and Recommendations
- Carry out spot-checks and re-interviews in the field in conjunction with MVR Officer 1.
- Manage and update SPSS verification sites databases including files and folders.
- Channel information queries related to database to relevant team members for prompt resolutions.
- Participate in the reviews and compilation of individual site reports as required of verification reports including collation and attachment of relevant support documentation.
- Participate in preparation / delivery of USAID quarterly presentations.
- On a routine basis collect, collate and report on internal lessons learned during the verification process.
Day to Day Operations of SPSS MVR and Training
- Thoroughly familiarize with the MVR process, strategy and the tools and protocols for data collection.
- Coordinate MVR monthly budget projections and plans for activities.
- Manage documentation of IP records useful in understanding activities for verification and in planning and granting procedures.
- Line manage one SPSS MVR Assistant in Nairobi.
- Participate in the training and coaching of Field Supervisors, team leaders and monitors on tools/protocols and MVR processes on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in all activities related to pre-deployment, deployment, post- deployment and reporting.
- Track SPSS indicators as provided for in the AMELP.
- Collaborate on MVTO and QAM on ad hoc assignments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent in Somali is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the Somali cultural, political and geographical context desirable.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum three years of Monitoring, Evaluation/ Verification experience in an international organization.
- At-least 2 years working with databases and data management applications/platforms.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to multi-task and problem solve on a continuous basis.
- Experience providing administrative support to teams, a proactive team player.
- Interpersonal skills and personal maturity, tact, courtesy, patience, adaptability, initiative, cooperativeness, and resourcefulness.
- Able to work well in small teams and with minimal supervision.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: BA Degree in Social Sciences, Information Technology, Humanities, Communication or related field. Master Degree preferable.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or post-conflict zones..
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Nairobi, Kenya.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.