Make a difference in how you apply for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW. Get a verbal C.V. critique better yet, get a new C.V. and see what a difference it makes.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The position will be responsible for among other duties; preparation of cash and cheque disbursements journals, cash flows, cash forecast, bank reconciliations, Monthly financial transactions close out and also assist in budgets preparations, budget monitoring and financial reporting.
Specific duties and responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing monthly field documents/requisitions, ensuring they are properly supported, approved, scanned and filed
- Ensuring that payment requests are in line with the finance procedures and that the procedures are used to guide the financial operations in the office.
- Assist the Finance team in the preparation of monthly financial reports as may be assigned
- Assist with retrieving information and documents to support the internal and external audit processes as per auditors’ requests.
- Support the Program staff with the payment of Participants, Facilitators among others.
- Ensure proper filing of financial documents, data and other correspondence for future audits and reviews, ensuring security and confidentiality of the documents in line with organization policy and donor requirements
- Ensure that all payment vouchers are stamped “PAID” before filing to avoid any audit queries.
- Preparation of Monthly cash and bank disbursement journals at the end of each month
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statements by the close every month
- Review of all cash advances liquidations to ensure correct coding and adequate supporting documentations are attached.
- Ensure all program advances are accounted for as per advance policy.
- Ensure that all payment request and disbursements submitted to Finance are paid before the end of the month to ensure they are recorded within the same month they are presented for payment
- Ensure that the financial reports from implementing partners are submitted on time and according to contracts.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of NGO’s financial systems preferably Navision ERP.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to produce standard, accurate and well-documented reports;
- Excellent writing and analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of administrative and financial rules and regulations
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment;
- Knowledge in Excel and other computer applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Business Administration with minimum CPA II qualification
- At least 3 years’ previous experience with local and/or International NGO has an added advantage
- Knowledge of IT systems, Microsoft Office packages and/ or other accounting systems.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by sending:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A motivation letter including one-page summary of experience
- Names and contact details of three professional referees
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16th March 2020 indicating the position title.
THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR MUST BE MENTIONED ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR MOTIVATION LETTER.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.