Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Switch TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Switch TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world. Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations.
Switch TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS).
Position Title: Multimedia Journalist
Reporting to: Supervising News Editor
Job Location: Nairobi
Reporting to the news editor the incumbent of this role will gather information, write stories, make broadcasts and use social media to keep the public informed about current affairs and events that are happening in the world.
- Use the latest editing and photography technology to tell compelling stories. Develop story ideas; write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting; use graphics and new forms of media, such as webcam interviews and viewer-contributed pictures.
- Deliver on-air news in an accurate manner while still making the events exciting to hear about. Ensure high editorial standards are met and responsible for the clear and engaging reporting or presentation of the daily and/or weekly programme.
- Responsible for all aspects of Business output including the production and presentation of live and recorded content, reporting, presenting, script-writing, packaging, translating, and compiling TV Bulletins.
- Ensure versatility with proven journalistic skills or equivalent experience, good on-screen presence and broadcast voice, energy, creativity, flexibility and an in-depth understanding of the news, politics, culture and social issues relevant to an African audience.
- Creating digital video for our website and social platforms, and writing for our website to promote our content and engage with our audiences.
- Compile and output innovative news programmes and content offering new perspectives and deeper exploration to news stories, interviews, profiles and digital content.
- Creative and influential in developing Switch TV’s News agenda and set an example for the producers to follow and to formulate ideas which will inspire audiences.
- Plan, structure, write and produce content for use on TV, Digital and Radio and to develop treatments of the highest quality and with journalism at the heart.
- Oversee and comply content and ensure it meets Switch TV’s guidelines and legal requirements.
- Generate ideas and material that can work across all platforms in order to maximize impact and efficiencies.
- Find and brief contributors, guests, analysts and so forth for live and edited stories and in some cases interview them for broadcast.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Managing Editor.
- Presenting allocated TV bulletins, live events and breaking news
- Ensuring appearance is as per house rules
- Conducting well researched and high-impact interviews on television
- Producing elements of the bulletin, book guests, prepping them and doing research for the interview
- Packaging and delivering stories for the bulletin
- Gather facts on breaking news/developing stories and fact check.
- Re-purposing stories from wire services such as Reuters and AFP for television audiences.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- University Degree/Diploma in Journalism or a relevant field from a recognized institution
- Two (2) years relevant experience in a busy news environment, preferably a television station
- Ethics and Integrity
- Expert Communication
- Knowledge of Technology
- Investigative Skills
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers , so as to reach us not later than Tuesday 30th June 2020. Interviews are being conducted on a daily basis for the shortlisted candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Switch Tv is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.