Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
Reporting to the Group Head, eCommerce, the ideal candidate’s key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Establish and grow API Banking in Kenya and translate all capabilities to subsidiary countries.
- Design and maintain easy Fintech/Bank onboarding process, high availability, excellent customer experience, and award winning API Banking business
- Drive deposit and transaction fee through API Banking
- Document, track and report all expense, revenue and profitability lines by product line, to surpass budget in every country
- Maintain realtime business intelligence on system performance, subscription, revenue, cost and profitability of API Banking, by country and aggregated for the group.
- Continuously innovate API Banking space
- Ensure strict compliance with API Banking regulations and guidelines at onboarding points and during operations
- Ensure timely cost accrual and revenue assurance down to branches
- Update the Group Director of Payments, Group Head of eCommerce and Country Heads/Directors of Payments of situations, issues, opportunities, relationships and performance of API Banking businesses timely.
- Work with IT and solution providers to develop new Payment solutions for the Group and subsidiaries to match the capabilities at the center of excellence
- Manage all development API projects for the group
- Ensure timely and monthly report of API Management optimization (subscription, deployment, sales, and financial performance)
- Provide support to API Banking by collaborating with Operations support, IT support and card scheme support
- Experience in running of Digital payments and specifically API Banking
- Finance: Experience in managing revenue, cost, profit management and digital reporting
- Strong Marketing and Sales skills to drive API uptake and utilization
- Excellent Leadership and interpersonal skills: Relationship management
- Sharp business acumen, including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return
- Strong leadership capability, deliverance, objectivity, excellent interpersonal skills, multicultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good understanding of regulatory compliance and corporate governance.
- Ability to nurture effective relationship with local regulators as well as government bodies and officials.