Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya Fisheries Service (KeFS) is a body corporate established under the Fisheries Management and Development Act No. 35 of 2016. The purpose of the Service is to conserve, manage and develop Kenya fisheries and aquatic resources.
VACANCY NO. 1/2020: DG/CEO-KF 1
Terms of Service: Pensionable
Salary scale : Ksh. 256,000.00 – 340,000.00 p.m
House Allowance : Ksh. 80,000.00 p.m
Extraneous Allowance : Ksh. 60,000.00 p.m
Entertainment Allowance : Ksh. 65,000.00 p.m
Domestic Servant Allowance : Ksh. 15,600.00 p.m
Leave Entitlement : 30 Days per financial year
Medical Benefits : as existing in the civil service
The Director General/Chief Executive Officer will provide strategic and visionary leadership in conservation, management and development of fisheries and other aquatic resources as provided for in the Fisheries Management and Development Act of 2016. The successful candidate is expected to bring about transformational change to Kenya Fisheries Service.
- Must have at least fifteen (15) years relevant work experience, five (5) of which must be in Senior management role;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Fisheries, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management/Science, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Fisheries Studies, Microbiology, Biological Sciences, Bio Chemistry, Zoology, Aquatic Science, Food Science and Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;from a recognized University;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Fisheries, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management/Science, Physical Sciences, Chemistry, Fisheries Studies, Microbiology, Biological Sciences, Bio Chemistry, Zoology, Aquatic Science, Food Science and Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;Engineering in a related field from a recognized University;
- Leadership course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Demonstrate clear knowledge and understanding of the fisheries sector, national development goals, policies and strategies and the ability to link them to Kenya Vision 2030; Public Finance Management Act, 2012, Public Procurement and Asset Disposals Act, 2015, Code of Governance for State Corporations, Performance Contract and requirements of the Kenya Constitution 2010 among others;
- Acquired wide experience in all aspects of Fisheries management and is fully conversant with the Fisheries Management and Development Act of 2016; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Tenure of Office
The Director General/Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed on a contract of up to four (4) years renewable once subject to performance. The Board deserves the right to terminate the contract prematurely depending on performance. The remuneration attached to this position shall be determined according to the provisions of Section 5 (3) of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 and the Guidelines on Terms and Conditions of Service for State Corporations.
How to Apply:
1) A soft copy of the application letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating names of three referees and their full contacts, copy of national identity card, and certified copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials;
2) Other requirements: PDF copies of certificate of good conduct issued by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board, Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority and clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
All applications must be addressed to: The Chairman, Kenya Fisheries Service, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) Building, P.O. Box 48511-00100, Nairobi and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. To be considered, the aforementioned application must be received not later than 4th September 2020 by 5.00 p.m. East African Time.
1) Applications without the relevant qualifications and supporting documents as required will not be considered.
2) KeFS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
3) Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The advertisement can also be accessed on the Kenya Fisheries Service Website: www.kenyafisheriesservice.go.ke or
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperatives Website: www.kilimo.go.ke