Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Position: Program Manager, Imarisha Afya Ya Mama Na Mtoto,
Job Group CPSB 05 (1 Post)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 87,360 x 3,190 – 90,550 x 4,490 – 95,040 x 4,860 – 99,900 x 5,010 – 104,910 x 5,240 – 110,150 x 5,500 – 115,650 x 5,780 – 121,430 p.m.
Terms of Service: One (1) Year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The Imarisha Afya ya Mama na Mtoto program is the Kakamega County Governor’s initiative to reduce maternal and child mortality rates in the County. The program Manager will report to the Chief Officer, Health Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall in charge of the program and to ensure its sustainability up to beneficiary level;
- Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the Imarisha Afya ya Mama na Mtoto Program in accordance with the Kakamega County Maternal Child Health and Family Planning Act, 2017;
- Responsible for financial and budget planning and management of the program;
- Manage the human resources under the program;
- Responsible for resource mobilization for program funding;
- Coordinate and manage any procurement processes under the program;
- Prepare and updating work plans in collaboration with the County Health Office;
- Supervise the Program evaluation and assessment of results;
- Conduct periodic monitoring and evaluation and provide reports to the Chief Officer on progress of the program.
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for appointment:-
For appointment to this grade a candidate must:
- Be a Kenya citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Economics or its equivalent from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Possession of a Master’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Have five (5) years’ working experience in project management and development of government social protection programs;
- Possess experience working with community health services;
- Have proven experience in Strategic Planning;
- Possess strong analytical skills, oral and written communication and team building skills;
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the national values and principles of Public Service and Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010, Article 10 and 232;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the County Government’s mandate, health policies, Vision, Mission as well as Vision 2030.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
- Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill Chapter Six requirements of the constitution of Kenya, 2020 on integrity and leadership before appointment.
How to Apply
Applicants should click on “Our Job Offers” Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the application form and submit ONLINE on or before 10th September, 2020 at 5.00 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are email address email@example.com and phone number 0713852573 ONLY