Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. More than 5 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India.
We are looking for an IT manager to oversee and direct the day-to-day activities of Tala Kenya’s IT department. This role is tasked with ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure performs reliably and securely. You will lead a team that implements and supports networks and servers and systems, as well as respond to user help desk requests. The role provides guidance and leadership to the IT team but also directly supports end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues
What You’ll Do
- Manage all troubleshooting, technical support, diagnosis, and change management to maximize functionality and up-time of all systems in use at Tala Kenya.
- Manage performance of IT vendors, including Tier 1 Helpdesk vendor, Internet and SIP service providers. Escalate events as required and manage Service Level Agreements.
- Ultimate accountability for troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and resolution of desktop/computer, network, application, A/V, Telephony and peripheral hardware issues
- Recommend and lead change management activities that minimize service disruption impacts on internal users, including planning and cost-effective execution of office capacity increases and reductions.
- Ensure redundancy, resiliency, and identify dependencies for networking, telephony infrastructure, and software applications.
- Manage a team of IT specialists and engineers, provide a liaison between technology and business, support and enforce IT policies
- Implement improvements to existing internet, networking, telecom and other software infrastructure for redundancy, resilience, scalability, and security.
What You Should Have
- Bsc in IT related field such as Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science
- At- least 5 years proven experience as IT Operations Manager
- Certification, Knowledge of and Application of the ITIL framework
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks, cloud computing and team management.
- Knowledge of IT Security and data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Leadership and organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Genuine Love for technology and leadership, curiosity and diligence.
Benefits & Perks
- Benefits & Perks:
- Flexi-time to promote a healthy mind body and soul
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, and insurance
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.