Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Function: Program management, operations supportReports to: Kenya Country Director
Contract: Full Time, 2 years with opportunity to extend
Start Date: October/November 2020
Location: Kitale Office
Position Overview: Village Enterprise Regional Manager (RM) is a passionate highly dynamic, technically capable and strong leader. The RM provides direct oversight and management of the Field Associates in the Region, represents Village Enterprise’s interest at the regional and government level, and must additional responsibilities in a higher level when called upon. The organization prides itself on supportive, positive management, and the RM is core to this culture within Village Enterprise.
Key Result Areas
- Operations Implementation Management
- Project Implementation Management
- Cross-functional Team Coordination
- Human Resources and Administration
- Financial Oversight and Control
- Assist other Functional Teams
Operations Implementation Management
- Works with Country Director and Vice President Operations to create annual field implementation plan
- Ensure tasks listed in field implementation plan are being met
- Updates Write Project management tool upon completion of tasks.
- Meet with Country Director on a quarterly basis to review goals for respective Region.
- Supervises Field Associates, providing support during biweekly meetings, coaching Business Mentors as needed.
- Responsible for identifying regions that are getting too saturated and identifying new regions
- Coordinate with Field Associates to identify timing and scheduling of disbursements
- Handle logistics for procurement of funds and transportation to the field during the disbursement period
- Act for and on behalf of the Country Director in his/her absence or when required.
Project Implementation Management
- RM position may be designated as a Project Manager for a specific project.
- Work closely with team members of the Partnership Management unit to deliver on milestones.
- Use Project Management Launch plan to execute tasks assigned to the Project Manager
- Coordinate with relevant partners on the assigned project.
Cross-functional Team Coordination
- Work closely with functional teams to ensure smooth implementation of field implementation plan
- Coordinates with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) lead and Enterprise & savings lead to draw up field training schedules for each cycle incorporating M&E activities.
- Collaborates with Finance and Administration (F&A) team to calculate stipends for field team and generate list of field equipment and Materials for procurement
Human Resources and Administration
- Works closely with Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) to ensure adequately staffing of the field team.
- Participates in the recruitment process of Business Mentors and Field Associates.
- Working closely with the HRC, provides annual reviews to field staff that include a written performance appraisal, and ensure that objectives identified in these reviews are achieved in a timely manner
Financial Oversight and Control
- Participate in budget reviews on a quarterly basis
- Review weekly planned expenses and Field team stipends
- Approve office expenditures that are not more than $500
- Work closely with F&A in weekly withdrawal of funds from Bank.
- Provide reporting to the F&A team on disbursements and any grants that go unfunded
Assist with other Functional Teams
- Support the Country Director, F&A, M&E, Innovations teams as needed
- Represent Village Enterprise at conferences, events and at the government level when needed
- Assist with roll-out of new activities, processes and procedures from functional teams
Safeguarding: “Safeguarding at VE is everyone’s responsibility”
- Continuously sensitize program participants about possible risks of child abuse, sexual/financial exploitation, and prevention and response mechanisms.
- Ensure compliance with VE’s safeguarding policies and Code of Conduct in all programs, operations and practices.
- Report any incident of child or adult safeguarding in program operations for appropriate action and follow up.
- University degree or equivalent in development, program management, international development or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three (3) years working in management of development programs for an international organization.
- Excellent capacity building, team building/management, and coordination skills. An ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and coach and mentor staff.
- Demonstrate experience in managing projects and planning.
- An ability to work in challenging and changing environments, and to see through challenges to find solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact as demonstrated in previous roles that required communication with a broad and diverse set of individuals and personalities.
- Excellence in IT skills, proficient in Google suite and related resources relevant for communication, planning and presentation
- Experience in dealing with a diverse group of stakeholders representing government, external partners, and others.
- Computer literate and proficient
- Fluency in English is a must.
Qualified candidates based in Kitale or its environs, or those willing to relocate are highly encouraged to apply.
Village Enterprise will provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Village will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Village does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or any other characteristic protected by the law. Village will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship to daily operations. Village Enterprise recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation and expects all employees to share in the same commitment.