Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Managing Director
The HR director is responsible for the smooth and effective operation of Makinis human resources department.
It is a critical senior role in supporting the delivery of Makinis Human Resource strategy, policies, labour relations, initiatives and cultural development. The setting and achieving HR kpis is a key part of the role to ensure Makinis most valuable assets are continuously developing.
The HR director is also responsible for key relationship and stakeholder management such as Makinis shareholders, external organisations, all staff and their representatives.
The role is also strategic in setting the future direction in all aspects of HR, contributing to broader business objectives and influencing the Senior Leadership team at Makini.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOBS
- To develop Makinis strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to institution strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with Makinis
- To implement agreed human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, employee relations and retention, and labour relations.
- To support line managers in recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining staff.
- To support line managers to monitor, appraise, and review staff job contributions; maintain /increase their compensation.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, variances and aligning monetary resources.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analysing information and applications.
- To guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Keeps the MD and the senior leadership team informed of significant risks that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Directs a process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the company. Evaluates plans and changes to plans. Makes recommendations to executive management.
- Defines all Human Resources training programs, and assigns the authority / responsibility of Human Resources personnel within those programs. Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the line manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
(minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job)
Education & Professional Certification
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labour relations, preferred.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred
Application deadline: 7th Dec 2020 11:59pm