Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT MANAGER MONITORING
Are you a go getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position.
REPORTING TO: MANAGER – POLICY MONITORING & CONTROL.
Job Purpose: Endeavour to review of credit policies to meet emerging credit trends, monitoring and control to ensure quality loan portfolio and adherence with Bank policies and procedures as well as CBK prudential guidelines.
- Review of adherence to Credit limits.
- Review that Credit documentation standards are adhered to
- Sample credits disbursed to ensure adherence to policy and procedures
- Sample securities for confirmation of existence, proper management and filing
- Review Overdrafts, Temporary Overdrafts, Discharge of securities, cheque discounting and excess have necessary approvals
- Review daily loan disbursement for income recovery i.e. Appraisal fees and interest income
- Conduct customer and Branch visits for sampling on adherence to Family Bank Credit policy and Credit manual
- Review performance of various credit products for proper Portfolio Management e.g. Early vintage performance
- Analyze and review Operational Risk Framework within Credit
- Review Insurances, Rates and Overdrafts which are due for renewal.
- Review loans secured by shares and report on bank exposure due to shares value trends
- Review loans secured by cash and report on bank exposure due to cash value trends
- Make Recommendation for Credit policy and credit manual enhancement
- Review audit reports and make global recommendations on common issues
- Review on whether corrective action has been taken on credit issues raised by various reviewers e.g. auditors i.e. Audit issues closure
- Undertaking various assigned Credit projects
- Overall control of the lending book – An effective follow-up plan on default /non-performing loans to ensure recoveries.
- Convent tracking to ensure adherence to approval terms
- Maintain the set budgets.
- Evaluate cost/benefits, identify appropriate alternatives and make innovative initiatives to improve work efficiency.
- Any other official duty that may be allocated by management from time to time.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
· Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in any field
· Be able to understand, review and implement credit policies and procedures.
· Understand the Banking Act and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) prudential guidelines.
· Understand credit risk issues and policies.
· Professional credit qualifications a plus.
· Have a minimum of (6) years practical experience with proven result oriented track record in credit
· Experience in banking & legal/Credit background is a plus.
· Honest and with high integrity.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Personality: A go-getter, enthusiastic, results oriented with excellent communication and social skills.
- A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision.
- Management and leadership ability: Have excellent interpersonal and people management skills.
- Sound knowledge of the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Computer skills: adept in use of Ms Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Internet and email.
- Honest and with high integrity.
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; firstname.lastname@example.org; closing date is 30th December 2020. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”