Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Required: One (1)
Lake Turkana Wind Power (LTWP) is a leading owner/ operator of one of the largest and most prestigious power generating projects in Africa.
As part of its operations, LTWP undertakes regular maintenance of its facilities comprising of plant civil works, camps, roads, water systems, sewer systems, boreholes, and other structural elements through its Civil Works Team (CWT).
LTWP also undertakes Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) through Winds of Change Foundation which involves construction projects.
LTWP is seeking to expand its CWT team by hiring an experienced Civil Engineer.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person as the selected candidate will form part of the nucleus of LTWP’s expanding civil works team.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES DESCRIPTION
The job holder shall report to the Civil Works Coordinator and shall be responsible for determining and executing work schedules, risk analysis and ensure quality control, preventative maintenance and compliance with safety procedures and regulations.
He/she will consider each stage of the project phases to increase efficiency and productivity.
He/ she shall be responsible for the smooth and seamless operation of the project by providing critical information and timelines to the project manager assigned to each project within the company as well as its Contractors or Sub-contractors: Other tasks to be carried out shall include but not limited to:
- Designing of structural elements.
- Supervision of construction works.
- Interpretation of structural drawings and design.
- Report writing on project progress.
- Budget proposal for projects and tracking during implementation.
- Assessing soundness of bill of quantities for works to be carried out.
- Being involved in community engagements of CSR activities carried out by the company; and
- Stakeholder management.
The above duties and responsibilities may be varied from time to time and include any other responsibilities that arise during the day-to-day business of the Company.
- Be holder of a bachelor’s degree / KNEC Higher Diploma or Diploma in the following engineering disciplines or equivalent qualification.
- Civil and construction engineering,
- Be conversant in competent use of the following software.
- AutoCAD (Mandatory)
- MS Project (Mandatory)
- ArchiCAD (Optional but applicants with this qualification will have added advantage).
- Proficiency in MS office applications.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in both design office and field; and
- Good communication skills.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject by 24 February 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.