Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Seeking an ambitious and high performing Principal Associate within our Corporate Commercial department.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Being involved in negotiations with clients and relevant counter-parties to transactions and/or projects in a variety of industries including telecoms, financial services, education, fintech, healthcare, FMCG, agriculture, manufacturing, etc;
• Drafting and reviewing of standard M&A transactional agreements including share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, investment and subscription agreements and shareholder agreements;
• Drafting of relevant ancillary documents such as NDAs, letters of intent, term sheets, applications for regulatory approvals, board and shareholder resolutions, closing documentation, etc;
• Being involved in due diligence investigations on target companies, leading multi-jurisdictional due diligence teams and coordinating the preparation of the due diligence and/or regulatory reports;
• Conducting effective legal research and drafting opinions on various corporate, commercial and regulatory matters, including corporate governance;
• Providing solution-oriented advice to clients on legal issues, risk and regulatory compliance and contract management strategy;
• Interacting regularly with current and prospective clients in order to build and develop a good network and relationships;
• Having the ability to formulate and present trainings and seminars to juniors and potentially clients on corporate related drafting, coordination and teamwork.
• Law Degree and an advocate of the High Court of Kenya or equivalent qualifications.
• At least four years’ experience in a fast-paced corporate commercial legal environment.
• Demonstrated experience in working on large scale transactions with multiple stakeholders and client handling skills.
• Demonstrated experience in drafting share purchase, share subscription and shareholders agreements, associated documents and the negotiation of the same.
• Experience in Mergers and Acquisitions.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Experience managing a team or teams.
• Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Office packages.
• Excellent verbal, oratory and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
If your career aspirations match this opportunity, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com referencing this position PA/CCO/21 by 4:00pm (GMT) on Wednesday, 24th February 2021.