Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nandi County is Kenya’s athletics hub.It is home to tens of the world’s celebrated athletes, including world record breakers such as Pamela Jelimo, Janet Jepkosgei and the legendary athlete Kipchoge Keino. The 2,884 square kilometres ‘home of champions’ borders Baringo to the east, Vihiga and Kakamega to the west, Uasin Gishu to the north, Kisumu to the south and Kericho to the south-east. The county, which is also renowned for its thriving tea estates, is endowed with a beautiful topography that mainly consist of the scenic Nandi Hills. Nandi County Government Nandi County is divided into six constituencies namely; Mosop, Emgwen, Chesumei, Nandi Hills, Aldai and Tinderet. The constituencies are represented in the National Assembly by Hon.Vincent Tuwei (MP-Mosop), Hon. Alexander Kosgey (MP-Emgwen),Hon. Wilson Kogo (MP-Chesumei), Hon. Alfred Keter (MP-Nandi Hills), Hon.Cornelly Serem (MP-Aldai) and Hon. Julius Melly (MP-Tinderet). Other leaders include H.E Hon.Stephen K. Sang (the Governor), Lucy Mulili (County Commissioner), Hon. Samson Cherargei (Senator), Hon. Dr. Tecla Tum (Women Representative) and several members of the County Assembly. People of Nandi County Nandi County is home to over 752,965 people (50% male and 50% female), according to the 2009 National Census. The majority of people in the county are Nandi, a sub-group of the Kalenjin tribe of Kenya.
JOB GROUP ‘Q’ (1 POST)
Terms of service
The Municipal Manager will be responsible to the Municipal Board for managing the affairs of the Municipality in line with Article 184 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and the Urban Areas and Cities Act 2011.
Requirements for the position
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Public Administration, Urban Planning and Management or any other related field from a recognized University, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Must be an active member of a relevant professional body;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrate a thorough understanding of Socio-Economic dynamics in Nandi County;
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented with wide knowledge in Urban Development Policies and Financial Management;
- Must have proven experience of not less than five years in Administration or Management either in Public or Private sector;
- Must be a Computer literate; and
- Must be result oriented with excellent report writing, analytical and problem solving skills.
Duties and responsibilities
- The Municipal Manager shall implement the decisions and functions of the Board and shall be answerable to the Board;
- Manage administration in accordance to the Urban Areas and Cities Act, 2011 and applicable legislations;
- Formulation and implementation of Policies, Strategies, Plans and Programs;
- Develop, implement an integrated Development plan and Monitor its progress;
- Be principally responsible for building and maintaining a strong alliance and effective; working relationships between the board and the civil society, private sector and community based organizations;
- Controlling land use, land sub-division for various development purposes as may be delegated;
- Coordinating and facilitating citizen participation in the development of policies, plans and delivery of services;
- Prepare and submit to the board an annual report on the activities and accomplishments of the departments and agencies comprising the executive branch of the Municipality;
- Implementing policies for fire and disaster management;
- Promote a safe and healthy environment;
- Prepare and administer the annual Municipality budget;
- Encourage and support regional and inter-governmental corporations;
- Act as Board Secretary and as ex-officio member of all committees of the Board; and
- Perform other duties as may be directed by the Board of the Municipality
Method of application
Written applications including the current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Nandi County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 802-30300 Kapsabet.
Hand delivered applications should be handed over at the Nandi County Public Service Board so as to reach the office on or before the close of business on, Thursday 29th April, 2021
In addition, interested candidates applying for Job Groups ‘N and above’ are advised to submit copies of letters of clearance from:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)-Tax Compliance Certificate ;
- The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
- County Government of Nandi is an equal opportunity employer.Women, youth and people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- All candidates are reminded to observe the Ministry of Health Protocols on Covid – 19 during interviews.