Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
Chief Executive Officer, Institute of Internal Auditors – Kenya
Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Kenya was established in 2002 as a professional organization for Internal Auditors in Kenya with over 3000 members. IIA Kenya is an affiliate of the Global Institute of Internal Auditors. IIA Global is a network of 190 Affiliates with over 185,000 members.
The IIA is the internal audit profession’s global voice, recognized authority, acknowledged leader, chief advocate, and principal educator. Our members generally work in internal auditing, risk management, governance, internal control, information technology audit, education, and security.
As a part of this global network, the IIA Kenya upholds and supports the fundamental tenets of the profession – the Code of Ethics and the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
The Institute seeks to appoint a Chief Executive Officer with strong stakeholder management experience, transformative leadership and strategic acumen to lead the IIA Kenya. The CEO will report to the Institute Board and lead the Institute in executing its mandate of upholding, supporting and advancing the internal audit profession in Kenya while maximizing value for its membership and all stakeholders. This role will be on a rolling 3 year performance based contract that is renewable.
- An experienced Head of Internal Audit / Internal Audit Manager with a minimum of 10 years experience within the Private or Public sector with relevant professional certification in Internal Audit, Risk Management and Governance and a member of good standing of IIA Kenya or related professional institute.
- Relevant degree preferably in business or information technology or engineering fields. MBA and CIA qualification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate experience in formulation and implementation of strategic objectives in consultation with the Board.
- Experience in financial and investment management and implementation of relevant policies for optimal utilization and returns.
- Demonstrable operational experience and business development experience leading the sustainable growth.
- An individual who can integrate well into an agile structure which requires one to be both strategic and operational.
- Demonstrate commercial orientation and sound business acumen to support the growth of the Institute. A very strong commercial awareness of the environments where the Institute members work.
- An individual with credibility, influence and executive presence who is well networked among Internal Audit professionals in Kenya.
- Experience leading change and business transformation.
- Sound stakeholder management, negotiation management and relationship management skills to effectively balance competing demands from various stakeholder groups.
Please apply via our IIA Kenya LinkedIn page link below, and in addition send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5PM Wednesday 5th May 2021. More information on the role can be obtained on the IIA Kenya website. Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted.