Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Chief Security Officer -GRADE XIV
Minimum Criteria for Appointment
The person appointed as the Chief Security Officer shall be required to be a holder of a PhD degree in Criminology/Security Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution and must have worked with the Disciplined Forces of Kenya for at least eight (8) years OR must possess Master’s Degree in Criminology/Security Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution with at least ten (10) years’ experience in the Disciplined Forces of Kenya at Grade XIII or equivalent or/ and should at all cases possess clean Discharge Certificate, Certificate of Good Conduct, First Aid Certificate and Fire Fighting Certificate
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor on all security matters of the University, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
● Managing, directing, controlling and coordinating security matters and operations at the University;
● Liaising with both internal and external security agents while managing security intelligence systems within and for the University, and executing periodic security surveys for all Campuses;
● Liaising with the Kenya Police on security matters and following up on court cases;
● Ensuring effective security is maintained for the protection of University property, staff and students;
● Planning and coordinating the training and development of staff in the Department of Security;
● Managing security intelligence systems within and for the University;
● Carrying out any investigation requested by University officers;
● Carrying out investigation of disciplinary matters as referred by the University Management Board;
● Attending to all security meetings in all Campuses;
● Advising the Vice Chancellor and the University Management Board on all security issues at the University;
● Formulating, planning, controlling and implementing the departmental strategic plan and budget;
● Ensuring effective coordination and implementation of policies in the department.
i) Each application shall be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials and any other relevant supporting documents. Applicants should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
ii) Applicants must also submit, on application, CURRENT AND VALID CLEARANCE from the following:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance certificate).
b) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB loan clearance certificate).
c) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
d) Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
e) Clearance certificates from registered and recognized Credit Reference Bureau.
iii) All applications shall clearly specify the position applied for by indicating the advert Reference Number on the envelope and submit in ten (10) hard copies to the address below. A soft copy of the cover letter and Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to email@example.com.
The Vice Chancellor
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100
Applications should be received on or before Thursday, 13th May 2021
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants.
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise.