Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Organization: IDLO – International Development Law Organization
- Location: Kenya (Kenya)
- Grade: Level 4 – Core Competency – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Banking and Finance
- Administrative support
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
The Finance Team within the Department of Finance and Support Services (DFSS) is responsible for the corporate, project, and financial services which contribute to the business and operating foundation for the successful delivery of IDLO’s strategic plan.
It manages the overall financial resources essential for the full implementation of IDLO’s programming and corporate activities by providing a range of services and solutions for organizational planning, budgeting, treasury, payments, payroll, financial accounting, and reporting. It furthermore maintains all accounts for IDLO by monitoring
Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager, the Finance & Administration Officer will provide financial and administrative services ensuring high quality, accuracy, and consistency of work. The incumbent will work in close coordination with the Kenya-based Procurement and Programs team.
Summary of functions:
- Program Financial Budgeting, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Finance management and accounting
- Sub-grants monitoring:
- Office administration
Key results expected:
Program Financial Budgeting, Monitoring, and Reporting
- Working closely with the Program team, monitor the finance-related aspects of the implementation of Program activities according to approved Program documents, ensuring that appropriate control reporting structures are maintained in accordance with IDLO Rules and Regulations and/or donor requirements.
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of all financial information, reports, and documentation, including monthly Program financial forecast, year-end closing of books, etc.
- Assist in preparing the Program-specific and annual budgets, assess financial plans and reports in coordination with the Finance Manager and relevant departments.
- Process payments and statutory deductions for all contracted consultants/experts in line with IDLO standards and procedures.
- Provide procurement and logistical support to Programs’ activities including liaising with the Programs team to ensure timely procurement of required goods and services related to planned Program activities.
Organizational-Related Finance and Accounting
- Assist the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure execution of all the IDLO financial policy, systems, and procedures.
- Prepare the monthly cash replenishment in line with program forecasts
- Maintain and manage the office petty cash
- Update, review, and report on the Kenya office finance performance and prepare required financial statements as well as short-term and long-term forecasts (in consultation with the Programs team), highlighting any over/underspend and reporting on potential gaps.
- Prepare the payroll for locally recruited employees and make the necessary statutory deductions; monitor advances to employees and partners to ensure they are liquidated in line with IDLO policies and procedures.
- Support the monthly closure of the books in Navision
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information; manage assets register to ensure all assets are recorded, indexed, secure, and depreciated accordingly.
- Working closely with the Programs team (Kenya and HQ) as well as the HQ-based Program Accountant, facilitate the work of internal auditors and any contracted external auditors.
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager in liaising with the IDLO bankers in Kenya including acting as bank agent where so authorized.
- Support the sub-granting processes, monitoring, and management systems to ensure effective and timely issuance, reporting, and oversight of all sub-grants.
- Maintain sub-grant tracking sheet and filing system for all sub-grantees proposals, agreements, financial reports, and outstanding advances.
- Review all sub-grant monitoring reports and prepare management summaries of findings and recommendations for discussion with the Country Manager.
- Ensure each sub-grantee submits financial reports in accordance with sub-grant agreements and reviews financial reports for reasonableness, verifying consistency in programmatic delivery and financial spending.
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the Kenya office.
- Administer and manage the logistics, communication, contracting, and payment of various service providers such as lessors, travel agents, hotels, office suppliers, etc. This shall include establishing and maintaining a suppliers’ database.
- Coordinate and ensure smooth implementation of and adherence to IDLO logistics, travel, and security procedures by all employees and consultants.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- University degree in Finance, Commerce or Accounting from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Relevant professional accountancy qualification and member of ICPAK
- Minimum 5 years of significant relevant professional experience in financial management and administration
- Experience working with international organizations will be a significant advantage.
Specific knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Demonstrated work experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, preferably with MS NAVISION
- Demonstrated working knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Knowledge of and experience with spreadsheet (advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a must), database, and word processing software
- Demonstrable experience in donor budgeting and reporting
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with a diverse team.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude;
- Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives; and
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of KES 3,240,000, medical insurance, and leave entitlements in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to international employees.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified and diverse applications to our positions.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
CLOSING DATE: 1 June 2021