Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Starting date: 15th June 2021
Contract duration: 3 months probation after which yearly contracts will be offered with possibility to renew
Duty station: The post will be based in Isiolo, with extensive travel to project areas in Isiolo County and with possible travels to the Nairobi office.
Report to: We World-GVC Project Coordinator and We World GVC Kenya Country Representative
WeWorld GVC is an independent Italian organization emerged from the union between GVC NGO (constituted in Bologna in 1971) and WeWorld (founded in Milano in 1999), with the aim of increasing the impact of Development Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid projects in 29 countries, including Italy. We work to promote recognition and respect of the fundamental rights of every human being, fighting poverty, injustice and generating sustainable and durable socio-economic growth models. We strive for a better world where everyone, especially women and children, have equal opportunities and rights, access to resources, to health, to education and to dignified work. A world in which the environment is a common good to be respected and preserved; in which war, violence and exploitation are banned. We feel called upon to increase our capabilities of providing support, in a global context characterized by economic and environmental crises, conflicts and inequalities, in which Humanitarian Aid and Development Cooperation are more linked than ever.
WeWorld-GVC has been operating in Kenya since 2009 implementing projects in the counties of Nairobi, Narok, Nyamira, Migori and Homabay. Our key thematic areas of intervention focus on: Health and Nutrition, Water Sanitation; Food security Agriculture, Resilience, Livelihood, Education and Learning; Socio-Economic Development.
About the position
WeWorld-GVC is a part of a consortium that has been awarded a 4 years’ grant by the European Union on building community resilience in Isiolo County. In this project WeWorld-GVC main areas of focus will be: Improved nutrition, food security and food production; Enhancing food crop production; Promoting sustainable water supply; Elimination of defecation in the open through promoting Community Led Total Sanitation methodology; Promoting food security and improve nutrition indicators through a multisectoral approach.
Job Purpose: Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator**,** the post holder (Public health Officer) will be in charge of managing and overseeing the use and the ownership of the water and sanitation facilities (institutional latrines, household latrines, water pans, boreholes, rehabilitation od springs/shallow wells etc.) S(he) will assist the WASH Officer in facilitating information and training of water committees with a view of improving access to safe and sustainable water and enhancing sanitation practices in the project area with a strong attention to the conflict resolution aspect.
He she will take the lead in the Community Total Led Sanitation Interventions in the project area, and will have a very close link with the Community Health Workers in the project areas and the health facilities supported.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Public health officer will:
· Ensure that the project WASH activities under his her responsibility are fully implemented (by conducting regular fields visits among other things) according to the approved proposal and in accordance with partners commitments (activities, quality/standards, indicators, deadlines);
. Plan and deliver all the interventions related to the CLTS methodology foreseen in the project
. plan and carry out all the training in sanitation and hygiene foreseen in the schools supported
· Ensure community involvement in all phases of the project and the development of community ownership of the project, placing strong attention to the conflict resolution aspect.
· Providing feedback to the monitoring and evaluation system in order to assess the effectiveness and the impact of the projects and propose recommendations for improvement
· Analyze context analysis of field realities and operational environment with the view to advocate for maximum stakeholder participation
· Discuss with the community and local authorities and make recommendations on innovative ways that beneficiary communities should adopt for improved management and sustainability of community water facilities
· Assist the Wash officer in the formation and train the water and sanitation committees for specific water/sanitation facilities to be developed
· Support in development and negotiation of MoUs at the county and regional levels where necessary.
· Represent WeWorld at appropriate meetings (WASH cluster, donors, etc.) and report back to the Project Coordinator.
· Assist in proposal writing when required.
· A university degree in WASH or an equivalent degree related to the position (Public Health, Envronmental health etc)
· A minimum of 5 years working experience in WASH programmes in a development or humanitarian context.
· Experience in main WASH approaches, sustainable WASH programming, and system strengthening in WASH
· Familiarity with policies, procedures and priorities related to WASH programmes especially in Kenya.
Desired skills and experiences:
· Master’s degree in a relevant field (Public Health, Envronmental health etc)
· Previous experience working in Kenya and/or in ASAL areas;
· Prior experience successfully managing culturally-diverse teams to achieve project outcomes
· Good technical knowledge in the fields of nutrition is a strong plus;
· Previous experience in management of EU funded projects is an asset.
· Familiarity with methodologies for conducting a contextual analysis, scoping assessments and other WASH surveys, as well as WASH-related M&E systems, WASH guidelines and standards
· Experience in writing high-quality WASH proposals as well as reports and strategy design
How to apply
Please send your one page Cover letter stating why you are the right person for this position and recent CV of 3 pages maximum along with 3 referees and their contact details to the following email address: email@example.com
The subject of the email should be: Public Health Officer -Isiolo.
The application should reach us by 31st May 2021.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews