Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Communications and Campaigns Manager (CCM) will lead the development and implementation of external and internal communications and campaigns strategies that promote positive and consistent messages of Kenya and Madagascar’s work in order to influence child centred policy decisions, inspire public support and actions, encourage support from funding partners and thereby drive the agenda for children.
The CCM will deliver communications and campaigning work through innovative strategies ensuring that global campaigns are tailor made for local context to effective delivery and therefore maximum impact for children. The CCM will be responsible for managing and updating social media platforms and country office website, ensuring quality and accuracy of the information.
The CCM will also be responsible for building the capacity of other team members in media engagement, campaigning and steering towards the achievement of brand consistency in line with organizational policy standards and donor requirements. The CCM will also coordinate regular internal meetings for the purpose of information sharing.
Key Areas of Accountability
External Communications and Media
- Develop a communication strategy, guidelines and plan for the country office and socialise this with relevant staff;
- Work closely with the program teams on the design and production of campaign materials for maximum impact
- Work closely with the local corporate and philanthropy fundraising staff to develop products that can be marketed for mobilizing funding.
- Lead the development and dissemination of relevant real-time humanitarian and development situational reports/materials.
- Lead the dissemination of Save the Children brand to make it recognised, respected, accepted, and protected at all levels.
- Support project leads and technical specialists identify and document stories of change and case studies, success stories that communicate the impact of our work and for use in media work and for quality reporting purposes
- Take lead in reviewing and presenting stories, photos, messaging, fact sheets and multimedia products for Save the Children’s key public audience.
- Support the field program teams in ensuring Save the Children global brand and donor requirements are fulfilled for visibility and communications materials
- Produce other external targeted products on an ad hoc basis as necessary and requested by the supervisor.
- Train key senior staff on communications and media and support the Country Director and other senior managers in their roles as designated spokespersons.
- Develop media strategy to guide the engagement of the Country office with media;
- Actively cultivate media contacts and appropriately establish proactive and beneficial relationships with media houses that can help in advancing children’s rights at policy and programme levels as well as identify opportunities to profile Save the Children work
- Actively scout for press opportunities to showcase Save the Children’s interventions and opportunities for advocating for various child rights issues.
- Develop, and implement a social media strategy that communicates the impact of our work and speaks to the Kenyan public, including regularly updating the platforms
- Identify media issues, prepare media messages, assess appropriate media for communicating those messages and facilitate the process of disseminating/communicating those messages within Save the Children’s guidelines
- Ensure that any actions undertaken to implement communications or media work in country is compliant with Save the Children’s global communications and branding standards and has been duly approved by the Country Director.
- Familiarise self with the work of Save the Children in Kenya & Madagascar to effectively represent the organisation in media engagements where relevant
- Draft media briefings, talking points, Q&As, press releases and media statements based on advocacy priorities identified.
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of the country office campaign initiatives under Save our Education campaign
- Support the program teams in implementing campaign activities taking advantage of key moments to deliver on the country office campaign objectives.
- Work closely with advocacy teams in public mobilization and engagements, creating moments and opportunities for campaigning
- Build and maintain effective, collaborative relationships with Save the Children’s regional and global campaigns teams ensuring consistent approaches, common messages and effective campaign events.
- Support Save the Children Kenya’s engagement in regional and global campaigns through contribution of stories, videos, photos etc. to highlight Country office achievements within such initiatives
- Compile and develop Save the Children’s country reports, sit reps and newsletters as required
- Provide assistance to content and layout of creative promotional materials such as leaflets, fact sheets, info graphics, creative audiovisual information, brochures and other communications materials.
- Lead the development of a communications calendar capturing priorities of actions and products for the Country office
- Management of internal communications content including archiving, uploading on content hub, website and other platforms.
- With support from regional and member communications and campaign staff, develop and put in place systems to monitor and measure the impact of the Kenya Country Office’s communication and campaign initiatives, as well as systematically sharing these achievements in the most appropriate way with Country office Senior Management Team.
- Share success stories and learning related to Communication and Campaign initiatives spearheaded by the Kenya country office with regional and global working groups and/or communities of practice.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Nairobi
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in relevant field such as Mass/Media Communication / International relations / Journalism
- At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role or in Media and communication position.
- Exceptional and demonstrable written and oral communications skill in all mediums with a strong understanding of how to adapt communications to different audiences.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing communications and campaign strategies
- Strong understanding of approaches for communicating information to a wide range of audiences including media relations
- Advanced proficiency in graphic design and photography skills (additional skills in videography is an added advantage)
- Ability to multi task, work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, responsive to external requests and strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills with excellent command of the English language and fluent in Kiswahili. (French will be a definite plus)
- Excellent skills in social media
- Experience identifying target audiences and devising promotional and campaign strategies to engage, inform and motivate current and potential partners; ability to communicate verbally with a wide range of actors and audiences
- Five years working experience in communications and documentation
- Willing and able to travel widely in country to support field teams
- Commitment to Save the Children International values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
How to apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
11 Jun 2021 – 23:59 EAT
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.