Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PATH Kenya is an organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH Kenya develops and scales innovative solutions and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
USAID Boresha Jamii aims to increase the use of quality county-led, county-owned, and county-managed health and social services in the following programmatic areas; HIV care and treatment, FP, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RHMNCAH), Nutrition, Water and Sanitation (WASH), and mitigating social determinants that affect Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC), DREAMS, Key and Priority Population (KP/ PP) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC).
USAID Boresha Jamii will be implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Kakamega, Kisumu, Nyamira and Vihiga, in close collaboration with and in support of county health management teams and the Ministry of Health of Kenya. USAID Boresha Jamii will work in coordination with USAID and other host-county public and private partners, including the departments of health, children services, agriculture; non-governmental organizations (NGOs); community-based organizations (CBOs); and public health facilities.
PATH Kenya is seeking to recruit an Administrative Assistant for the USAID Boresha Jamii project, who will provide general and administrative support to the administration office and will be responsible for typing of internal and external correspondences, electronic filing, maintaining staff records, office administration, tracking of office equipment and updating the staff leave schedule, as required in addition to tracking payment of utility bills ensuring they are paid promptly.
The Administrative Assistant will be based in Kisumu and will report to the Finance Associate.
This Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a backup to the Receptionist.
- Update the assets inventory data base.
- Prepare departmental reports as required.
- Commodity and stores management experience
- Track payment of utility bills ensuring they are paid promptly.
- Follow-up with vendors on equipment that go for warranty checks and repairs.
- Responsible for stationery and office supplies; ensuring adequate and timely replenishment of supplies.
- Work with the Administrative Officer, source for quotations and provide cost analysis for supplies, equipment and services.
- Facilitate processing of DA1 forms and ensure proper documentation of Invoices. Follow up with vendors for prompt refund of paid VAT.
- Diploma in Business Administration with a minimum of three years of related experience working for a national or international NGO in administrative capacity.
- Proven experience in managing a variety of office functions.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and guidelines.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Requires broad cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity.
- Ability to recognize sensitive areas and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently and under pressure.
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
Job Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Company Location: Kenya, Kisumu
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular