Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Data Governance Analyst
At Coop Bank, we are an equal opportunity employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment. The “Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons. We thrive on a successful universal banking model as well as ride on a unique Co-operative model providing innovative financial solutions for distinctive customer experience. Guided by our values, we seek to bolster our market position in the region, by leveraging on our wide range of innovative financial solutions with a focus on delivering excellent customer experience by a highly motivated and talented team. About the Person
You are brilliant, you drive results in a big way and you get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through. You have cultivated your technical and soft skills and established a respect for real-time data and the importance of data in informing business decisions. You are highly analytical with a keen interest in Data analytics.
You are well experienced in guiding enterprise data management initiatives in key business areas and in operationalizing data governance and you possess expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies and knowledge about managing and leading technical data analytics teams across multiple departments while keeping a strategic perspective.
About the role
Reporting to the Head – Data Governance & Protection, the Data Governance Analyst will be responsible for administering data policies, standards and procedure, for managing and implementing the enterprise data blueprint, for protecting data assets and stakeholder interests, and for providing support that enables data governance across the enterprise. The role holder will also co-ordinate data stewardship and the governance organization towards setting policies, standards, architecture, and procedures, as well as resolving data related issues. The data organization includes data stewards, platform stewards, lead data stewards, and the Data Governance Council.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Drive the implementation and application of the enterprise data governance program.
- Create and maintain data governance processes, rules, policies, standards and practices.
- Coordinate and plan the Data Governance Sessions, meetings committees and councils
- Work with the business units and corporate functions to establish effective data stewardship framework that work closely with the Data Governance Council.
- Define and implement key data governance tools to support the processes.
- Support strategic direction by drawing on information from multiple sources and using guidelines to analyze what information is important and how it should be used.
- Communicate data governance initiatives and programs confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner, selecting the most appropriate medium for conveying information, and structuring written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
- Contribute content to internal collaborative content platforms to support engagement with data stakeholders.
- Evangelize the concept of “data as an asset” and the value of understanding the quality of data.
- Support the data management office and data stewards to ensure data assets comply with all governance policy, regulations, agreements, and business rules.
- Contribute in the communications plan that keeps stakeholders updated on enterprise data governance.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
- A degree in information management, organization governance, or related management fields is preferred. Possession of MBA will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) year experience in data management, data analytics, or enterprise data governance. Experience with SQL strongly preferred.
- Any database administration certification will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data governance and data quality and how they affect business decisions.
- Ability to design and recommend governance structures and control frameworks for the ongoing management of data
- Experience in guiding enterprise data management initiatives in key business areas and in operationalizing data governance.
- Expertise in creating and deploying best practices and methodologies and knowledge about managing and technical data analytics teams across multiple departments.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze diverse data and information, develop and recommend strategies
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Strategic perspective with an ability to analyze complex issues, develop appropriate action plans and deliver results
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation
- Fosters Communication
- Inspires trust and integrity
- Customer Centric
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “DGA/IIA/2021” in the subject line by Tuesday 28th September, 2021. We are an equal opportunity employer.