Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
Position: Resource Mobilization Officer
Type of Employment: Fulltime
Starting Date: ASAP
Duration: One Year Contract with the Possibility of Extension
Nationality: Kenyan National Hire
YELD – Youth Entrepreneurship and Leadership Development is a registered nonprofit charitable organization based in Kenya that is dedicated to improving the livelihoods of Kenyan youth through diverse economically-enabling empowerment programs. YELD proposed solution to the double-crisis of high unemployment and business mortality rates is its flagship program dubbed “YELD Mentorship Program” aimed at guiding micro-entrepreneurs and startups towards avoiding common pitfalls and building sustainable enterprises in the context of a changing economy. YELD Kenya is governed by five Board Members and supported by a team of advisors from different professional backgrounds locally and internationally with a common mission to lend their expertise to the advancement of YELD’s cause. The YELD Mentorship Program feeds into YELD’s overall objective to alleviate poverty and unemployment through our five pillars of empowerment (1) entrepreneurial mentorship (2) entrepreneurial training (3) entrepreneurial coaching (4) entrepreneurial advocacy, and (5) leadership development.
YELD is guided by the operational principles of impartiality, dynamism, inclusive participation, and gender equality. YELD embraces and promotes values of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and respect.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The suitable applicant essentially must be able to perform conventional duties of a professional fundraiser/resource mobilizer. Reporting through the executive director, the fundraising officer is responsible to contribute to the financial growth of YELD through the diversification of core donors. During deployment, duties may be modified based upon the technical needs of the organization. The duties will include but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Develop and implement a corporate fundraising strategy to expand YELD’s core donors including identification of potential donors and their funding priorities/strategies/lines and instruments, and the development of funding proposals and requests.
- Develop a resource mobilization plan based on existing donors, potential donors and fundraising mechanisms.
- Develop a “donor brief and funding request” and other YELD appeal documents based on YELD’s strategy; to be used as an advocacy tool.
- Manage core donor reporting obligations and commitments, preparing interim analyses and leading on the production of quality reports and their timely submission.
- Develop specific project proposals in compliance with both YELD and donor requirements.
- Research the interests and application requirements of the main donors and other sources of funding to the country. Provide technical advice to the executive director on prospective opportunities.
- Establish and manage a network of donor contacts, track proposals submitted, funds pledged/received and donor agreement implementation requirements (implementation deadlines, earmarking for specific activities, visibility requests, reporting, etc.).
- Report on expected results and resource mobilization activities in compliance with related documents to be disseminated among donors, and draft specific reports to donors as stated in legal agreements.
- Effectively utilize the communication products and advocacy material in convincing and encouraging donors to fund the various projects undertaken by YELD. If required, research, write and edit information materials in support to resource mobilization activities, including success stories.
- Identify and initiate strategic partnerships with relevant state agencies. These include government agencies like Youth Enterprise Development Fund (YEDF), Uwezo Fund, Women Enterprise Fund (WEF), Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP) etc. Other relevant and potential partners are county governments, corporates, and foundations.
- Perform any other incident-specific related duties, as required by the executive director.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
University degree in development studies, international relations, business management, public administration, political sciences, communications, marketing, economics, or other relevant area of studies from an accredited/recognized university.
Specific studies on resource mobilization, communication, studies on development and/or development work. Training in donor intelligence, proposal writing, and general project management.
- At least three years’ related experience, at the national and international level, in resource mobilization and external relations.
- Documented achievements in fundraising activities, part of which supporting development interventions or humanitarian activities.
- Proven experience in writing resource mobilization proposals, donor reports and related documents.
- An advanced degree in fundraising, development, international relations, business management, public administration or other relevant area of studies.
Prior working experience with international development agencies, or with an international nongovernmental or recognized humanitarian organization.
- Strong interpersonal, representational and organizational skills, with proven ability to facilitate and strengthen the involvement and collaboration of a broad range of internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated success in resource mobilization complemented by the ability to conceptualize ideas and promote consensus.
- Integrity, tack and discretion.
- Demonstrable report writing skills.
- Office management.
- Ability to work and achieve goals under pressure.
- Sound understanding of the impact of unemployment in youth and crises on social and economic development, and its burden on populations.
- Ability to “think out of the box” and to make innovative proposals as related to mobilization of resources.
- Good knowledge of digital fundraising tools especially crowdsourcing.
- Digital marketing skills specifically social media and Google ads.
Use of Language Skills
Expert knowledge of English.
Professional working knowledge of other international languages.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- Previous demonstrable track record of direct involvement in successful grant awards for at least three proposals will be a deciding factor in shortlisting.
How To apply
If you think you are a good match for YELD and the position advertised, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com with the subject heading “Full Name: Fundraising Freelancer – Country”, enclosing in PDF:
1) One-page (300 words) motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and the value you can bring to YELD as a resource mobilizer;
2) Concise CV (maximum two pages).
3) Sample of the individually authored concept note.
4) Sample of individually authored funding proposal.
YELD is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, nationality or ethnicity.