Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Maintenance Officer, the holder of this position will be responsible for providing carpentry services to the university.
- Build and repair furniture to meet various needs.
- Carry out weekly routine inspections on furniture and fixtures to facilitate repairs.
- Inspect and replace damaged framework, roofs or other structures and fixtures.
- Keep log of job cards to track response times and material use.
- Installing wooden structures such as roofing frames, rafters, partitions, joists and stud works.
- Designing and installing cabinets, shelving, fitted furniture, drywall and insulation.
- Adding fixtures and fittings such as door handles, locks, hinges and closures.
- Carry out all Aluminum Fittings, repairs and glass Panes replacement.
- Ability to estimate material requirements such as lumber and other accessories for a particular job requirement.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other construction professionals.
- Interpret blueprints and building plans to meet the needs.
- Any other Job as may be instructed by the Maintenance Officer.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade ‘D’ plain or its equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade /apprentice Certificate awarded by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Served as Carpenter for a minimum of 3 years.
- Knowledge and Experience of both Industrial and Domestic Aluminum and Carpentry fittings.
- The applicant must be a team builder with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator.
- Good Communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Adaptability and reliability.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Interested applicants must indicate on the subject line of their email address the specific position they are applying for, provide a current CV ONLY with names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by: 5.00pm, Monday, September 20, 2021.
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer