Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Karen Hospital is a 102 bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road.
We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients.
With our State of the art amenities, equipment and our well trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
Since inception in 2006, The Karen Hospital has been acclaimed for excellence in clinical care in Africa and beyond. The Karen Hospital is proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified for compliance with Quality Management Systems and is committed to continuous improvement in service delivery.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary and results oriented candidate to fill in the below positions:
Overall Purpose: Job holder is responsible for patient health by completing the Nutrition process. The candidate should be able to counsel patients on nutrition issues and health eating habits.
- Evaluating and assessing nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans and screens patients for nutritional risk in accordance with established department protocols and standards.
- Developing and implementing dietary care plans and providing nutritional counseling.
- Consulting with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restriction of patients
- Planning and initiating medical nutrition therapy to patients if indicated by patient requirements and clinical protocol.
- Communicating individual nutritional care plans to other health care providers as a member of a healthcare team.
- Calculating and writing enteral and parenteral feeds for patients according to patient’s nutritional requirements.
- Advising patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Monitoring food service to ensure conformance to prescribed diets and patient’s nutritional needs.
- Coordinating recipe development and standardization and developing new menus for different vulnerable groups in the hospital.
- Counseling PMTCT mothers on proper feeding practices and carried out demonstrations.
- Offer counseling and suggest positive alterations in nutrition to address clients’ dietary restrictions.
- Higher Diploma in Food, Nutrition & Dietetics
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in clinical nutrition.
- Must have a license from Kenya nutrition and dietetics (KNDI
- Experience in Preparation of therapeutic diets and dietary counseling.
- Must have Basic Life Support Course and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
- Computer skills and good reporting skills including experience in Health Information Systems
- At least two year’s professional experience nutrition Program monitoring and evaluation in county.
- HIV/ART specialized nutrition care.
How to Apply
send your detailed CV to us on email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number.
Deadline for submission is 30th September 2021.
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.