Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI / VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Deputy Chief of Party, Cross-Border Community Resilience Activity
ACDI/VOCA is promptly seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated Cross-Border Community Resilience Activity funded by USAID.
The Cross-Border Community Resilience Activity is a five-year initiative under the Regional Integration and Stronger Economies (RISE) IDIQ that will make important contributions to the peacebuilding and social cohesion objectives of USAID/Kenya and East Africa.
The purpose of the activity is to enhance resilience in the cross-border clusters of Karamoja, Moyale, and Mandera, thereby reducing the need for humanitarian assistance.
The activity will work strategically and collaboratively with district- and county-level governments, civil society organizations, and private sector entities to build local capacity for addressing conflict, improving livelihoods, and reducing the risk of shocks.
The identification of grantees will be informed by a rigorous assessment process, and sequencing and coordinating interventions with ongoing programs in the region will be key in maximizing impact.
- Provide technical leadership, implementation oversight, and day-to-day quality control of deliverables across value chain development and governance; provide leadership in design of the Activity’s systemic, inclusive, and facilitative implementation approach
- Support the Chief of Party in providing leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. Play a lead role in interacting with key implementing actors and other development partners. Coordinate with the Chief of Party on a regular basis to discuss operations; participate in and coordinate regular planning processes; discuss field activities, successes, and potential issues and risks; and contribute to knowledge management
- Facilitate the private provision of key services that will enable small holder farmers and pastoralists to benefit from their participation in the value chains, facilitate impactful and sustainable relationships with input providers and financial services
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables. Prepare and contribute to work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents as requested to facilitate the successful, responsive implementation of the program
- Ensure all relevant parties implement interventions as per the activity’s design, objectives, workplans as well as the technical specifications for each grant activity. Identify technical assistance and resources needs for grantees
- Support the overall knowledge management process, contributing to quarterly reports and the M&E process.
- Emphasize and facilitate the development of a robust learning culture within the technical team, adopting an adaptive management style and providing regular opportunities for the team to capture and digest learning from implementation
- Monitor ongoing grants, which may include gathering grant-related information as requested by staff in Nairobi, writing updates and brief reports on grant progress and impact, and attending events and coordination meetings related to grant activities
- Work collaboratively with the Activity’s senior leadership, grantees, and partners to mainstream gender and social inclusion in the design and implementation of interventions, ensure that activities help to close gender gaps by empowering women as entrepreneurs through training in financial literacy, business skills, and technical knowledge
- Ensure appropriate security procedures and duty of care are followed by satellite office staff and provide security updates to Nairobi-based staff
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in agriculture, economics, international development, or relevant field is required. An advanced degree in a similar field is desired.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in project design and management, preferably with respect to market systems development and value chain governance in fragile environment, is required.
- Proven ability to forge strong working relationships with a range of stakeholders, including district/county government officials and representatives from non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, the private sector, and donor institutions is required.
- Knowledge of best practices in inclusive livelihoods and/or natural resources management is highly desired.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to travel in Kenya and region is required.
Kenyan nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs.
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.