Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Equity Bank is one of the Region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
Senior Information Systems Auditor
Reporting to the Senior Audit Manager Information Systems, the role holder will be responsible for carrying out a detailed evaluation of IT-dependent internal controls and audit review of the bank’s information systems and projects using specified methodology and in accordance with department and professional standards. The position holder will conduct IS audit engagement planning, execution and reporting working closely with IS Audit Managers.
- The role holder will actively participate in conducting risk assessments during annual planning as well as engagement planning.
- Undertake audit engagements as assigned by the IS Audit Manager and within specific time budgets and quality parameters to achieve the Internal Audit Plan.
- Carry out walkthroughs and document process gaps i.e. carry out risk assessments, develop audit programs or update existing audit programs based on the risk assessments done.
- Adopt the use of Audit Tools (ACL, TeamMate etc) and Core business systems (Finacle CB, Oracle ERP) and other relevant applications to ensure effective and efficient audits.
- Report on audit findings clearly defining the 5Cs i.e. criteria, condition, cause, consequences and corrective action.
- Appraise the soundness, adequacy, application and efficiency of IT enabled controls to mitigate business risks and make recommendations to management to mitigate the risks.
- Act as Team Leader for less complex IS engagements within specified time budget and quality parameters and work as a team member on higher complexity IS engagements.
- Ensure full adoption of Teammate from the creation of project, users, completing working papers, raising issues, sign off and review, compiling reports for discussion with audit clients as well as tracking and validation of audit issues.
- Assess how well the business complies with rules and regulations and inform management on any issues that need to be addressed.
- Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Perform issue tracking and validation to ensure IS audit issues identified are implemented within agreed timelines.
- Prepare periodic status updates on open IS audit issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- 2-3 years’ cumulative experience in Information Systems audit from a reputable audit firm or financial institution
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Should have good analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate good level of maturity.
- Team leadership and supervision skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of banking industry, business processes, supporting business systems and technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of business and IT operations, regulatory environment and control environment.
- Above average knowledge of trending Financial Technologies ‘FinTech’ and applicable IT Controls frameworks i.e. COBIT, CIS Controls and NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Ability to conduct IT system related investigations.
- Good understanding of guidelines and standards as prescribed in IIA-IPPF, ISACA ITAF.
- Good working knowledge of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) and data analytics tools.