Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Head of Supply Chain
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a manufacturer and retailer of home furniture products. We pride ourselves on creativity, passion, and fun. Our customers dream of a welcoming place to sleep, relax, and host their guests, but they tell us this isn’t easy – they either have to break the bank or settle for low-quality furniture. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the operations, to put high-quality, affordable living within everyone’s reach. Since our founding, we have reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products, attracted global investment, and grown from a start-up to mid-sized company with 350+ employees.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our Procurement Inbound team brings materials from around the world to our factory, where they’re crafted into furniture that make tens of thousands of families happy. Moko’s Head of Supply Chain will deepen and diversify our supplier relationships in Kenya and across the globe (China, Europe, Africa and expanding); build our internal competencies and processes and deliver a support function expertly handling our current multi-million-dollar annual purchase budget and seamlessly scaling with the company’s product development and manufacturing plans, domestically, and as we expand internationally.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Lead our Multi-million-dollar Raw Materials Sourcing:
- Deliver consistent, fairly priced supply of all raw materials to our Production facility
- Identify, engage, on-board, train and retain suppliers, both internationally and locally, with a focus on geographic diversification and alternate sources of supply
- Manage raw material delivery from order placement to receipting, driving QC, efficient and effective international shipping, customs clearance and domestic logistics
- Use your market knowledge, relationships and experience to identify and mitigate supply risks and generate business opportunities
Optimize our Other Sourcing Activities:
- Formalize the Procurement team as the primary sourcing and purchasing unit for the business, working with other departments to organize and centralize Procurement activities
- Enhance the ways we source and purchase services
Manage Cash Flow:
- Avoid over- and/or under-stocking
- Manage vendor payment profiles and ensure purchase commitments are tailored to available cash
- Develop tools to ensure optimal buying for planned future production
- Identify and execute cash-saving initiatives
Manage the Team:
- Establish the tone from the top for the Procurement team
- Support the team with their personal development to enable a high-performing unit
- Implement a culture of continuous improvement in sourcing and supply
- Represent the Procurement team in relations with senior management and toward other teams
- Deliver against approved annual and quarterly targets
- Key member of the automation steering committee
- Recommend IT/management systems for Procurement and Inbound Logistics activities
- Provide guidance and thought partnering to senior management in matters of supply
- Key support role for our Mauritius parent company, through which all international purchases are made
- One of our key representatives with the Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM), the Port Authorities and the Customs Inspectorate
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
You’ll join the leadership team of one of East Africa’s most successful growth-stage companies, playing a key role in our development into a major enterprise. You’ll learn first-hand how a thriving venture is operated, with opportunity to expand your skills and responsibilities as your team and our company grow.
We believe this distinct and rare experience is the most valuable benefit we offer new leaders who join our team. In addition to this, you’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits package benchmarked against lean mid-sized companies.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have at least 7 years’ experience leading Sourcing and Supply Chain management for manufacturing in a complex global environment, (10 years, if there’s no team management experience)
- You have strong working knowledge of import/export practices and regulations
- You have strong people management skills and excel at building key internal and external relationships
- You have a well-developed analytical ability and high level of attention to detail
- You are eager to join a quickly-growing organization and team
How To Apply