Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ABOUT MASTERCARD FOUNDATION
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
Reporting to the Head, Access to Finance and Head, Gender (“Heads”), the Executive Assistant will provide executive support to the Heads, in support of achievement of all program deliverables including the Young Africa Works strategy. The role will partner and effectively coordinate across enterprise including with co-located program teams, relevant enterprise functions and the office of the Regional Director, West, Central & Northern Africa.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Executive and Administrative Support
- Lead and plan scheduling for all internal and external activities, including meetings, and coordinate related logistics, such as room bookings, refreshments, and document preparation for all attendees.
- Assess urgency and priority meetings with stakeholders and effectively manage the schedule, agendas, talking points and pre-read material follow-up and circulation for meetings.
- Coordinate and ensure schedules are followed and respected, and act as a ‘gatekeeper’ while ensuring access to the Heads.
- Capture complete and detailed minutes of meeting (internal & external) and ensure timely distribution to attendees and related staff.
- Lead follow-up on post meeting/event actions to support the Heads and designated staff.
- Manage and coordinate the Heads travel arrangements, to include accommodation, ground/air transport, immigration/ Visa/immunization details.
- Expense management on behalf of the Heads, prepare and submit expense reports accurately and efficiently in line with organizational policies.
- Coordinate and work closely with other EAs and staff across the enterprise functions regarding meetings and other engagements (internal and external) to ensure smooth functioning of the offices of the Head.
- Support Access to Finance and Gender teams in the following areas:
- Manage team calendars including prioritizing and resolving scheduling conflicts as required.
- Coordinate logistics of project meetings and events including room bookings, catering, refreshments etc. Prepare meeting materials as appropriate.
- Facilitate internal communication across the Regional Offices.
- Maintain organization of the database, shared network drives and SharePoint sites.
Communication and Documentation
- Compose routine correspondence to support the Heads interaction with internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Handle the distribution of correspondence. Monitor email and act as appropriate. Ensure attention to accuracy and detail.
- Liaise with PR & communications and colleagues regarding functional communications.
- Draft and support to coordinate the creation and complication of documentation (including letterheads, power point decks, board documents, etc.) for the Heads use.
- Plan, organize and maintain accurate documentation for the functions, including reports.
- Build, liaise and sustain relationships with employees, external stakeholders and the general public, on behalf of the Heads
- Provide support in budget preparation and forecasting of areas under the Heads office.
- Support Financial management processes in line with policies and processes.
- Participate in meetings to streamline processes where applicable from time to time.
- Participate in Functional onboarding for direct reports to the Heads.
- Provide backup to other executive administrators as required.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
WHO YOU ARE
- College diploma or University degree is required.
- 10 years of professional experience, with min 5 as a senior Executive Assistant in a fast-paced environment at corporate/senior level of organization. Africa regional experience preferred.
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environments.
- Experience working with Senior level executives and interfacing with important stakeholders.
- Excellent organizing, multi-tasking, planning, prioritization and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, exhibiting grace and diplomacy under pressure.
- Strong communication skills in English and French; written and spoken, and the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Office 365 and SharePoint).
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to produce high quality work consistently and effectively on time.
- Able to set and achieve clear objectives, work independently with little direction or supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to anticipate needs and requirements and to proactively act.
- Flexible, adaptable, and wiliness to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Deadline for Applications is October 31st, 2021.