Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As the home of iconic brands such as Baileys, Guinness, Smirnoff, and Johnnie Walker, at Diageo we source, produce and deliver 6.5 billion litres of world-leading products every year across 180 markets globally. Because of this huge undertaking, we rely on highly advanced systems as well as the very best talent to make sure our businesses continue to run smoothly.
To give you some idea of the scale of our operation, over half of our 30,000 employees work in our supply chains. We have teams in over 100 sites across more than 30 countries, but what matters is that wherever you work, you’re part of a diverse, inclusive team where there are opportunities for everyone.
Whether you work in planning, logistics, technical teams or manufacturing, you’ll be part of an innovative, dynamic organization. We set ourselves the highest standards, and our practices have earned us international recognition.
And it’s people with energy, dedication and problem-solving skills who’ll help us get even better. In return, we offer a world of opportunities for you to explore, to shape and progress your career.
About the role
With a purpose to celebrate life every day, everywhere, East African Breweries Limited (EABL) is East Africa’s leading branded alcohol beverage business with a collection of brands that range from beer, spirits and adult non-alcoholic drinks (ANADs). Kenya Breweries Ltd (KBL), one among our six subsidiaries, has been a leading brewer in Kenya since operations began in 1922 and continues to operate from our brewery, based in Ruaraka, Nairobi. We are seeking qualified and passionate individuals to fill the positions of Operators. The successful individuals will report to a Team Leader and will be assigned to the production process for which their qualifications and abilities are best suited, either in the Brewing sections or Packaging lines.
Purpose and Responsibilities
The role holder shall:-
- Operate and maintain equipment in adherence to the Standard Operating Procedures [SoPs] and best practice to safely deliver high quality products while maintaining high line efficiencies
- Maintain a safe and organized workplace environment through adherence to safety protocols and procedures
- Be always required to adhere to the documented health and safety, environmental and food safety standards
- Consistently deliver high standards of hygiene in the workplace
- Provide operational and continuous improvement maintenance skills
- Be accountable for delivery of effective shift handovers
- Document all operational activities in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Maintain 100% compliance to the set quality standards
- Deliver and improve performance targets in safety, quality, performance, waste and asset care.
- Effectively provide Input with regard to the various business systems that are in use, as shall be required.
Qualifications, Attributes and Experience Required
- Minimum Higher National Diploma in either Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics Engineering, Sciences or its equivalent
- University Degree will be an added advantage – Electrical / Mechanical / Mechatronics / Sciences
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, structured, logical problem-solving skills and evaluation
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills will be key to success in this role,
- Be an effective team member and team player
- Positive and flexible response to change
- Attention to detail and accuracy of output and transactions
- 1 – 3 years’ experience of shift working in a production team in an FMCG environment
- Flexible and ready to be multi skilled at working with different machines & processes / move roles on short notice
- Able to work on shift arrangement as per company schedule
- Essential knowledge in planned preventive maintenance
- Knowledge of packaging, process control and operational excellence techniques
- Knowledge of risk standards (Quality H&S Environment) Safety and hygiene compliance procedures
- Working knowledge of reporting systems and be multi-skilled at working with several machine levels
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything