Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Purpose of the role:
The Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Manager will lead the implementation of the key HSS components of FHF Kenya Program. He/she will be tasked with improving the administrative, managerial, and operational capacity of national and county health systems across FHF projects.
The Health Systems Strengthening Manager will assess current managerial and operational efficiencies at the national and county level to develop an action plan for improvements. Emphasis will be placed on health leadership and governance, health systems financing, health information system, commodities and supplies, eye health system efficiency and human resources for eye health
The Health Systems Strengthening Manager will coordinate and work with a diverse group of organizations, including the Kenyan Ministry of Health at national and county level, county executives, county health staff, international and national development partner organizations & civil society at national, county and community level to realize FHF’s long term outcomes.
• Technical areas: strengthening public health service delivery programs, partner technical Support and capacity building, advocacy, health systems performance.
• Experience with a mix of practical technical skills necessary for strengthening health systems at the county, national, and community levels.
• Excellent knowledge of national/county/community level issues impacting health systems
• Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders.
• Superior presentation skills (both written and oral) and ability to communicate technical materials to a mix of audiences and for differing purposes using print, electronic, and presentation media.
• Maturity, High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Interpersonal and intercultural sensitivity
• Must have strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.
• Conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Financial and Resource Management
• Identify and develop opportunities for Health Systems Strengthening grant acquisition.
• Excellent report writing skills and donor relations.
•Provide technical support to national level decision makers on financial resource planning.
Advocacy and Representation
•Develop presentations for national and international level fora on Health Systems Strengthening and financial
protection for sharing with donor and partners.
• Technical support to FHF Kenya staff partners on lobbying/advocacy for integration of eye health into
social protection schemes.
•Develop and expand networks to strengthen public health financing for eye health.
• Master’s degree in international development, public health, Social Sciences, International Development, health economics or related field.
• A post graduate qualification in Health Systems Management, public policy, or related fields.
• Minimum of 8 years significant work experience in health systems strengthening, health economics, or related fields in the context of low resource settings in a reputable NGO
• Demonstrable knowledge of national and county health systems and policy development.
• Ability to cultivate, develop and maintain good relationships with the county government
• Substantial understanding of economic policies, HSS structures with proven experience interacting with governments, non-governmental organizations, donors and/or the private sector including excellent diplomacy and cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Lead implementation of the HSS components across all FHFK projects, with particular attention to the Health Financing, Stronger Systems, and Health Workforce Projects
• In conjunction with the FHF technical staff, support relevant sectors of the national Ministry of Health and County health facilities in undertaking HSS capacity assessments gap analysis, setting priorities, and developing and implementing capacity strengthening plans with clear milestones
• Provide technical support to build the capacity of national and county health leadership in key health system
strengthening functions, including policy, planning, health care financing and budgeting, advocacy, and resource mobilization
• Working in close coordination with the Project Coordinator, provide technical support for the health financing project to increase capacity of the public health systems to sustainably deliver and increase the use of affordable self-sustaining models of eye health services, especially for women, girls, the poor and rural populations.
• In collaboration with the Policy and Advocacy Manager, support national and county level advocacy targeting key decision makers to advance implementation of WHO Integrated People Centred Eye Care to strengthen community focused programs
• Provide technical assistance to ensure that national policies and procedures for public health financing are integrated at all levels of the health system
• Support the development and promotion of linkages to enable project and staff to learn from one another, discuss common challenges, seek/offer assistance, and share best practices at country and cluster level.
• Produce and present HSS papers at local, regional, and international forums to share experiences and best practices
• Identify and advise on opportunities for HSS grants acquisition and lead in project design and resource planning
• Manage relationships and maintain FHFK’s position within strategic fora such as technical forums, working groups, health advocacy platform, HENNET, KHF, etc
How to Apply
Applications should be made via our website and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary.
Closing Date: November 24th November 2021
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.