Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within HR (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Executive Head of HR.
M-Pesa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer >50 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant, and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
The HR team at M-Pesa Africa works with the M-Pesa leadership across our 7 OpCos to co-create the talent strategy and ensure we have the right talent in the estate to dive the mission. You will drive the entire recruitment process from sourcing to offer process (including offer approvals & negotiations) and on-boarding. End-to-end Talent Acquisition process ensuring a superior candidate and Hiring Manager experience and strong collaboration with our shared services team.
Why this role is tailored for you
- You will lead talent acquisition efforts across Africa while working with Centres of Excellence across the markets and vendors.
- We will expose you to Agile Release Trains and give you a blank canvas to explore a world of possibilities.
- Our culture values allow you to focus on candidate/employee & line manager experience (the customer), Experiment & be bold, collaborate while innovating.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Work with recruitment agencies to successfully recruit all key/required skills into the organization within agreed SLA aligned to approved workforce plans
- Act as a talent advisor and influence and guide the business with knowledge, insights and expertise of external markets.
- Conduct intake meetings with Hiring Managers to confirm the desired profile and develop a sourcing strategy for the open position. You drive progress and you always have
- Drive a high volume of roles, stay connected to a robust pipeline of candidates, maintain long-term candidate relationships, and energetically sell the role and MPA mission and brand
- Develop diversity of business talent pools on gender, physically challenged
- Review against all vacancies within account managed, our internal talent pool to place ready now talent into vacant roles before going out for external recruitment
- Create an exceptional experience along the entire candidate journey
- End-to-end responsibility for the recruitment system, data quality, and compliance.
- Manage relationships with external providers including recruiting firms, institutions of higher learning, background checkers, etc.
- Produce reports and statistical data as required to include weekly reporting on recruitment initiatives, talent identified and placed, and challenges faced; Monthly reports – against workforce plan and other key performance indicators
- Employer brand and Employer Value Proposition: Ensure the employer brand is fully leveraged and embedded in talent acquisition touchpoints (including candidate and vendor interactions).
- Deliver full compliance to employer brand governance process
- Oversee the continued rollout of a consistent Performance Management process that focuses employee efforts on the achievement of business goals and attainment of requisite skills/competencies to sustain profitable growth.
- Administer talent processes that focus on building bench strength to meet current and future business needs. In this regard, define critical roles for succession planning as well as facilitate and support succession planning initiatives and deliberately build strong talent benches for such roles.
Apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and Higher National Diploma in HRM or CHRP-k
- Over 5yrs of experience in conducting competency-based interviewing and assessment centers as selection tools
- Experience using applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- Experience in coaching staff and line managers on best recruitment and selection principles/practices and interviewing skills
- Good stakeholder management experience
- Agile, Innovative, pragmatic, commercial, and customer-focused approach
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g. data protection)
- Executive-level reporting and influence experience
- Understanding of Labor laws related to talent acquisition across different regions.
We are happy if you have:
- Experience of working within a cross-cultural team.
- Experience sourcing for all level roles (Exco and critical hard-to-fill roles).
- Agile certification.
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your updated resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.