Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About You And The Role
Zipline is looking for a seasoned Program Manager to lead the company’s first decentralized healthcare delivery program in Kenya. Charged with overseeing the success of the program, you’ll be responsible for maintaining critical relationships, managing overall timelines and budgets, and marshaling resources to successfully deliver against a program work plan in coordination with several external and internal stakeholders.
Following the rollout, you’ll support monitoring and evaluation activities, generate regular progress reports, and collect feedback from partners to inform improvements to the program’s design. The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate excellent operational and project management skills, a knack for communicating across all levels of an organization and keeping others accountable, and a can-do, creative approach to problem-solving.
We prefer for this person to be based in Eldoret or Kisumu, Kenya. We are open to someone being based in Nairobi, with the expectation of at least 50% travel.
What You’ll Do
- Provide overall management and act as the designated point person for Zipline’s decentralized healthcare delivery program in Kenya
- Collaborate with and coordinate across key external stakeholders, including the funder, local implementers and agencies, governmental and policy bodies, research partners, and local community organizations, and with internal Zipline stakeholders, including Global Health Partnerships, Go-to-Market, Operations, Data, Finance, and Regulatory teams, to assure the successful and timely launch of the program
- Partner with the Global Health Partnerships and Go-to-Market teams to advance relationships with key government stakeholders and ensure availability of commodities for the program
- Partner with the local implementing partner and Zipline’s Operations team to operationalize the program, starting with creation of a project management plan that details how the program will integrate into the partner’s existing clinical and operational work streams
- Establish and manage project roadmap, timelines, and budget, and drive accountability and ownership from participants at all levels
- Maintain a regular cadence of meetings, provide status updates internally and externally, and work with the Global Health Partnerships team to compile quarterly reporting for stakeholders (in particular, the program funder)
- Participate in and help lead the program steering committee, including communicating with steering committee stakeholders and structuring discussions that generate decision-making from high level stakeholders
- Solicit feedback from local partners regarding program performance, identify potential improvements to the program design, and prepare recommendations for the decision-making body
- Partner with M&E on research design and rollout; ensure programmatic KPIs are tracked and reviewed on a regular basis
What You’ll Bring
- Extensive experience leading donor-funded global health programs
- Experience working in HIV, healthcare delivery focused on youth, and/or youth programming highly preferred
- Proven track record in planning, executing, and managing complex programmatic rollouts with international and multi-sector scopes
- Exceptional project management, organizational, and operational skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with senior external stakeholders and recruit a network of partners to support the achievement of program objectives (preferably, in western Kenya)
- Strong communication and composition skills, including ability to write clear and comprehensive progress reports
- Collaborative approach that includes working with multiple internal and external stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience stewarding relationships with institutional donor organizations
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to setting up monitoring and evaluation systems in large complex programs
- Commitment and ability to train staff and partners; management experience a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset, creativity, self-sufficiency, and adaptability
- Ability to travel: Up to 50% (within Kenya)
How To Apply
What Else You Need to Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!