Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Field Extensionist – AgriTech Solutions Project (2 positions); The position holder will be based in Nakuru County and report to the Project Officers (either the Agricultural Extension and Agri-Business or Fianncial Inclusion and Organisation Capacity Development officer).
The main responsibilities of the FEO are:
- Lead in effective mobilisation, recruitment, onboarding, field-training, and supervision of farmers, farmer groups, lead farmers, phenological observers and group leaders aimed at better agronomic and economic outcomes
- Train farmer groups on; better agronomic practices, actions sound organizational management and leadership, village savings and loan scheme, deploy measures to enhance uptake of microinsurance, foster positive social capital for promotion of good practices among the members.
- Conduct regular farmer visits and follow-ups to deepen skills and knowledge adoption and practice for better project outcomes.
- Lead in the routine day to day monitoring and data management actions including filing of project data, routine data collection, analysis and updating of relevant project statistics
- Proactively engage and coordinate with relevant County governments departments, NGOs and other institutions in focus operation area and foster mutual beneficial partnerships.
- Prepare weekly action plans and project progress reports to the project officers and area manager aimed implementation of Agri-extension services and Agri-business development, and financial inclusion and organisational capacity development action
- Perform other related duties as may be required and assigned by the supervisor
- Technical level education in horticulture, agronomy, agricultural extension, climate smart farming technologies or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Demonstratable technical skills and hands on experience in climate smart agro-extension services, agri-business support and organisational capacity development, village savings and loan schemes, and deployment of micro-insurance schemes
- Having worked for a fresh produce offtaker or with farmers organised as outgrowers is an added advantage.
- Proffieciency in computer applications
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
The deadline for applications is: 9th January 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: The position is for 2 years. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.