Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Project Officer – Insect Farming: The position is based in Nakuru, with frequent field travel within Nakuru and to Nyandarua Counties and reports to the Project Coordinator – AgriTech Solutions (PC) based in Nakuru.
The main responsibilities of the PO are:
- Manage all the DCA direct implemented Black Soldier Fly production, commercialisation, and upscaling actions of the project.
- Facilitate DCA initiated innovation initiatives at the field level in close consultations with the PC, Area Programme Manager and DCA consortium partners. These will include private sector & academic partners and related innovation incubation and prototyping to enhance uptake of Black Soldier fly farming and commercialisation.
- Support the day-to-day implementation of DCA and partner staff project interventions at the field level. This entails development and execution of detailed implementation plans, having a teaching and facilitative role, staff supervision as well as monitoring and evaluation aspects of BSF commercialisation of the project.
- Network and coordinate with other field operational I/NGOs, UN Agencies and County Government and explore/advise on possible areas of collaboration/partnerships to enhance program synergy.
- Facilitate, support and initiate digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessments and generate relevant reports as well as support concept paper development at the field level as part of DCA fundraising efforts.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Project Coordinator from time to time.
- University level education in Entrepreneurship, Business Development, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, or any other relevant academic qualification.
- Capacity to deliver business ideation, linkage, marketing, and capacity building initiatives for small holder farmers is an added advantage
- Demonstrable capacity to showcase business capacity development and support, more so within the agricultural value chain including training facilitation
- Demonstrated capacity to showcase enterprise and entrepreneurial action, including incubation, mentorship, and market linkages for better economic outcomes
- Technical and demonstratable skills and hands on experience on black soldier flies’ production, commercialisation, and upscaling – working closely with small holder farmers and budding entrepreneurs is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills, and a proven team player. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to support teams remotely. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
The deadline for applications is: 9th January 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA offers: The position is for 2 years. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer, and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.