Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – V.NO/IEBC/01/12/2021:
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission hereby invites applications from competent and suitably qualified applicants for the following vacant posts:
SENIOR ELECTIONS OFFICER (VARIOUS CONSTITUENCIES)
Job Title Senior Elections Officer (8 Posts)
IEBC Grade 5
(1)Muhoroni, (2)Buuri, (3)Kilifi North, (4)Gichugu, (5)Kuresoi South, (6)Kajiado Central, (7)Lamu West and (8)Teso South
Directorate Voter Registration and Electoral Operations
Terms of Service Permanent and Pensionable
Reporting to the Director Voter Registration through the respective County Election Managers, the Senior Elections Officer shall be responsible for all matters pertaining to administration of elections in their constituencies of deployment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide management support, develop and oversee the implementation of strategies, policies, plans and budgets at the constituency level while ensuring the alignment of these to the regional and overall Commission strategies;
- Ensure that election operation activities at the constituency level comply with internal controls and budget restrictions;
- Ensure provision of administrative support services at the constituency level including distribution of election materials, transport management, implementation of security policies and protocols and ensuring the safe custody of the Commission’s assets;
- Be responsible for sound financial management and prudent use of all Commission funds at constituency level in line with Commission’s financial policies;
- Liaise with the County Election Manager to implement training programmes for registration and election officials at the constituency level;
- Identify, inspect suitable polling, nominations and tallying centers;
- Liaise with regional administrative and security officials at the constituency level to ensure safety of Commission Assets;
- Undertake the verification, compilation and revision of Constituency voter’s register as required by law from time to time;
- Liaise with political parties with respect to elections and related activities;
- Develop accountability measures, monitor the performance indicators at the constituency levels and ensure the timely preparation of periodic reports;
- Be the Returning Officer during elections and the Voter Registration Officer during voter registration exercise;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Commission.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- Proven experience in results-based management, monitoring and evaluation or managing election process is an added advantage;
- Must have a minimum of Six (6) years working experience, two (2) of which must be at management level.
- Additional training, professional qualifications and experience of fieldwork will be an advantage
- Must be proficient in computer literate;
- Should possess good negotiation, planning and coordination skills;
- Must be a team player and possess good management and leadership skills;
- Must be a person of undoubted integrity
- Must hail from the Constituency applied for as indicated in the National Identity card.
How To Apply
Interested applicants are required to submit their application both online and in hard copy.
Online applications to be accessed through the IEBC jobs portal https://jobs.iebc.or.ke and the Hard copy applications to include copies of certificates, National ID and testimonials indicating the Job title on the top left corner of the envelope.
Important to note:
Only applicants submitting both physical and online applications will be considered;
Details of requirements are available on the Commission’s website; and
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Only Successful candidates will be required to submit integrity clearance certificates from respective statutory bodies.
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications to be submitted not later than 12th January 2022, and hard copy applications to be addressed to the undersigned: –
The Commission Secretary/CEO
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission,
Anniversary Towers, 15th floor,
P.O. Box 45371-00100,