Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Sama to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Sama fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
Sama offers a unique employee value proposition of being an exciting start-up with a social mission. Sama started as a non-profit focused exclusively on connecting people to dignified digital work that pays a living wage. Since that time, Sama directly impacted over 55,000 students, workers, and their dependents in Kenya and Uganda. Sama recently became a for-profit, certified B-Corp company, currently employing over 3,000 impact employees and growing. We manage ourselves to the double bottom line of profit and social impact.
About the Job:
In preparation for Sama’s next phase of growth, we are searching for a seasoned employee relations manager in East Africa..
This role will provide day-to-day advice on employee relations and performance management matters to staff and center management in accordance with the Employment laws & legislations and internal policies and procedures. Functions as a liaison between Employees and Center Management. He or She will take the lead in investigations; provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution and act on resolutions made.
This position is focused on the resolution of employee issues, People Operations communication, staff satisfaction and other related People Operations initiatives.
You will serve as a key partner to the Senior People Operations Manager and report directly to this role.
- Provide advice and counsel to the People Operations Team and the Global Service Delivery team on all employee relations issues. Specifically, ensure optimal decisions are made at People Operations through influencing, coaching, and providing subject matter expertise.
- Ensure ER issues and concerns are handled fairly, consistently, transparently, in a timely fashion, and in line with Sama values, policies, and appropriate local laws.
- Track various service requests of employees and the implementation of the approved decision, including but not limited to probation completion, extended medical leave,performance improvement programs and other ad-hoc requests and process these requests in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the preparation and processing of all types of documents related to employee relations, including promotions, lateral transfers, salary certificates and salary adjustments in compliance with approved guidelines and policies in a timely manner.
- Take lead in the development, implementation and review of people operations policies, procedures and systems in relation to disciplinary procedures and performance management.
- Ensure proper documentation of e-files related to employee relations like Memos, Directives etc. to retrieve them as needed.
- Develop response specifications, reviews output and finalize submission of the employee relations queries raised and provide a unified (system-wide) response to their queries.
- Assists with the identification and development of an employee relations database that will provide policy, performance, and compliance reports and metrics to improve the Employee Services function
- Support in conducting exit interviews for departing employees to ensure that the valid reasons are captured by People Operations through the process.
- Carry out annual Employee satisfaction surveys and develop reports that inform and guide leadership in decision making about employee engagement.
- Study and follow up absenteeism and attendance reports for review and action by the Senior People Operations Manager.
- Advise and act on disciplinary matters in accordance with the Employment laws and established policies and procedures including Termination of Appointment.
- Supporting in developing materials for the effective management of employees for Managers
- Interrelate with line managers with a view to settling employee grievances and conflicts.
- Visit Employees at their workplaces, take note of their concerns and act accordingly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities, Sociology or a related field plus Diploma in HR .
- 5+ Years’ experience in an Employee relations role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of good and dynamic People Operations practices in employee relations and performance management
- Good understanding of employment legislation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Robust business and People Operations acumen.
- Sound knowledge of People Operations best practices.
- Technologically proficient in use of technology to communicate effectively & professionally.
- Excellent analytical and data management skills.
- Results oriented and strong attention to details.
- Passionate, highly self – motivated, energetic and enthusiastic team player.
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, pension scheme, annual leave, paid disability insurance, and professional development opportunities
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.