Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall job purpose
The Logistics and Procurement Officer will be accountable for all logistics matters related to the Johanniter programs in Kenya
- Cross-check/control and assure logistics and supply demands and documents are compliant with Johanniter’s procurement procedures, government obligatory regulations and donor guidelines. Assure all supporting documents are available
- Training and support of partners in the implementation of all relevant guidelines (Johanniter guidelines, donor guidelines and binding government regulations)
- Procurement: management of procurement processes and adherence to Johanniter and donor rules and regulations; management of emergency stocks; inspection of quality of received goods; provision of list/database of pre-approved suppliers
- Shipping (Supply Chain): organize exemption letters, assure tracking of procurement and post-delivery inspection; provide waybills, assure sending of items to / receiving from field
- Equipment: monitor and regularly inspect asset/inventory register; ensure asset repair; train staff on use of assets/equipment
- Communication: monitor internet provision; explore needs and costs of security communication; IT
- Manage procurement processes and adhere to Johanniter and donor rules and regulations
- Monitor procurement plans and procurements (incl. checking quotations and monitor promptness of procurement)
- Create, launch, assess and award tenders in a fair and open manner adhering to Johanniter and donor rules and regulations
- Support project budget planning of programs and logistics requirements
- Oversee list/database of pre-approved suppliers
- Maintain all relevant contracts and ensure that they are up to date
- Maintain all country documentation and assure that all documentation is current
- Design, roll out, implement and monitor logistics procedures, SOPs and guidelines, improve filing systems, user manuals and record keeping
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university (preferably in Logistics/Procurement)
- minimum of 3 years Logistics/Procurement experience in the field of humanitarian aid / development cooperation
- Experience in working with public donors
- Experience in working with partner organisations
- Ability to write reports and work instructions
- Working experience in Kenya
- Logistics Management
- Excellent reporting and computer skills
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Cultural sensitivity and team competence
- Sense of delegation and commitment to local capacity building
How to apply
Johanniter is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Suitable candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
*We require background checks (incl. criminal record and reference checks) to protect the vulnerable and prevent abuse.*
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until 07. January 2022.
Please indicate Logistics Officer Kenya in the subject line of your e-mail and the application mention your earliest date of availability.
Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Interviews are expected to take place between 17. – 21. January 2022. The candidates will be invited by mail at short notice.