Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall job purpose
The HR and Administration Officer will be accountable for all HR and administration related matters related to the Johanniter programs in Kenya.
This position is advertised as part-time (50-75%)
- Coordinate the planning, recruitment, selection, briefing/debriefing and well-being of all national staff including related administrative processes
- Draft contractual HR engagements after consultation with a local solicitor and the Head of Mission
- Ensure timely and correct payment of national staff according to national labour law and Johanniter guidelines, including timely payment of Staff Social Security, income tax or other taxes as required by labour law
- Maintain systematic HR databases and filing systems (incl. staff lists, leave register, etc)
- Provide HR guidance and consultative support to the Head of Mission and Managers.
- Ensure compliance with and follow-up changes of rules and regulations in national law for the employment of national staff and up-date Johanniter National Staff Guideline in line with Kenya and Johanniter regulations and CHS recommendations
- Follow-up on visa and work-permits for expats
- Coordinate planning of annual leave and R&R of expats and national staff
- Ensure that the organization’s legal status is secured and the national laws are followed by the organization
- Draft and follow-up any contractual engagement (rental, vehicles, MoUs, Registration, etc.) in consultation with the HoM
- Set-up and maintain a systematic hard and soft copy filing system for all administrative matters
University Degree in University Degree in HR Management/ Social Science, Business Administration / Accountancy or equivalent degree OR relevant work experience in similar position.
At least 3 years of experience in HR as generalist in the field of humanitarian aid / development cooperation
Experience in managing HR-projects (esp. compensation & benefits)
Experience in development and implementation of HR-policies
Experience in capacity building
Working experience in Kenya
Excellent interpersonal communication and networking skills
High degree of fairness, transparency and decisiveness in HR processes
Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Profound IT-literacy (HR-systems, MS-office package)
HR management skills
Cultural sensitivity and team competence
Sense of delegation and commitment to local capacity building
Johanniter is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Suitable candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
*We require background checks (incl. criminal record and reference checks) to protect the vulnerable and prevent abuse.*
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to email@example.com until 07. January 2022.
Please indicate HR/Admin Officer Kenya in the subject line of your e-mail and the application mention your earliest date of availability.
Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Interviews are expected to take place between 17. – 21. January 2022. The candidates will be invited by mail at short notice.