Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Overall job purpose
The PMEAL Officer will work as part of Johanniter Kenya national team reporting to the Head of Mission who will be the overall supervisor. Based in Nairobi, the incumbent will lead the design of tailored tools and implement the projects monitoring, evaluation and learning plans for Johanniter projects that mainly cover; Nutrition, Health, WASH and Livelihoods/food security sectors. The PMEAL Officer will work closely with the Johanniter Kenya Programme Manager, project Partner ‘s M&E staff in designing and implementing M&E plans for their specific projects.
Accountability and Monitoring Systems Development:
- Overall responsible for the implementation of the Johanniter Monitoring and Evaluation plans in Kenya
- Lead in contributing to proposal development and programme design, indicators definitions, theory of change development and log frame design.
- Develop or update MEAL tools, databases and reporting formats in close collaboration with the project /partner teams and program manager.
- Develop a real-time data management and Key Progress Indicator (KPI) systems for the running projects to inform rapid decision making.
- Produce monitoring and accountability checklists and conduct quarterly joint field process monitoring.
Assessment, Learning and Documentation:
- Supports the project team in all other aspects of MEAL, for example surveys, baselines, evaluations, joint projects monitoring and reviews / lessons learning workshops/events.
- Ensure relevant, timely, and quality projects support to the partners on assessments & evaluations; i.e. support in developing the survey tools, data analysis and report writing.
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings with Johanniter’s and Partners’ projects teams on project monitoring and learning i.e. updates on projects progress on achievements & challenges for actions and reactions.
- Facilitate capacity building for Johanniter and partner staff on skills/knowledge related to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, including; designing monitoring tools, analyzing /monitoring data, conducting assessment/evaluation, implementing feedback mechanisms.
- Participate in the assessments of new Johanniter partner.
- Undertake regular visits to field locations to support monitoring and evaluation processes and contribute to the development and roll out of accountability processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Development or Social studies, Economics, Statistics, or related field from an accredited academic institution
3+ years of relevant work experience in Humanitarian or development organizations and working through partners.
Practical working experience in project geographies in Kenya.
Practical experience in conducting data collection exercises (Qualitative and Quantitative) i.e. Possess knowledge and skill in research methodology and use of digital data collection tools.
Proficiency in Microsoft suite Excel, SPSS, STATA, KOBO, ODK, NVIVO or any other analytical software
Demonstrated experience and skills in project reporting, knowledge management & learning process.
Knowledge of humanitarian standards and codes, including SPHERE is preferred.
Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching, with Fluency in english and other local languages;
Good analytical skills.
Strong organizational skills required, with the ability to work with other
Willingness to travel throughout project sites with up to 50% of the time in field sites.
Ability to meet deadlines/perform duties on time.
Ability to work under pressure, making decisions in urgent situations with high problem-solving skills
How to apply
Johanniter is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Suitable candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
*We require background checks (incl. criminal record and reference checks) to protect the vulnerable and prevent abuse.*
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to email@example.com until 07. January 2022.
Please indicate PMEAL Officer Kenya in the subject line of your e-mail and the application mention your earliest date of availability.
Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Interviews are expected to take place between 17. – 21. January 2022. The candidates will be invited by mail at short notice.