Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
General Manager, Distribution-Retail Business
You will be responsible for end to end development and performance of individual/retail life business including; production, profitability and greater customer service, promotion of an environment conducive to business growth that creates shareholder value.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy and Marketing
– Actively participating in the development, implementation and execution of strategic marketing plans
including forecasting, market research, and development of market literature, sales tools, and promotional programs in support of the Company’s retail business strategy.
– Leading the development of customer segment strategies, for each segment defines value proposition, service levels and production offerings.
– Developing in consultation with senior management pricing strategies, balancing marketing objectives and customer satisfaction.
– Evaluating the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and
development appropriations and return on investment and profit-loss projections.
– Developing, monitoring and controlling the marketing budget to ensure attainment of objectives within
allocated spend in collaboration with Marketing & Communications Manager.
– Developing and implementing market segmentation plans in conjunction with the Manager, Agencies and Branches.
– Preparing proposals, budgets and implementing promotional activity plans in line with the approved strategy; supporting the development of regional/branch marketing budget.
– Developing and implementing market segmentation plans in conjunction with Business Development
Business Planning and Budgeting
– Directs the development, implementation and execution of all strategic marketing plans including forecasting, market research, and development of product literature, sales tools and promotional programs.
– Develops in consultation with CEO pricing strategies, balancing marketing objectives and customer
– Evaluates the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and
development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
– Develops and implements market segmentation plans in conjunction with agency force in Nairobi and the branches.
– Prepares proposals, budgets and implements marketing and promotional activity plans in line with the
approved strategy; supports the development of regional/branch marketing budgets.
– Collaborates with the Communications department to develop and establish a sustained corporate publicity program that includes, but not limited to:
o Advertising campaigns
o Development of appropriate market collateral
o Product launches
o Event sponsorships
o Client open days
o Worksite marketing
o Trade exhibitions
o Road shows
o CSR activities
– Organizes and implements initiatives geared towards improving client relations through, but not limited to:
o Client satisfaction surveys;
o Client development activities;
o Client product awareness sessions;
o Hosting of special events
o Target based incentive programs
– Analyzes statistics or other data to determine the level of customer satisfaction for the services offered by the group.
– Organizes structured visits to agency forces.
– Liaises with the Communications department to ensure that electronic statements, policy contracts and marketing material are availed to customers through the company website and e-mail.
– Collaborates with field staff in educating agents and intermediaries on products, services, automation, and underwriting standards as well as sales and marketing techniques.
– Maximize customer retention through deployment of account management strategies and ensure delivery of consistent customer experience.
– Develops worksite marketing plans and recommends appropriate budgets for promotional tools and
– Coordinates activities relating to participation of the Company in exhibitions, fairs and shows.
– Receives and evaluates requests for participation in promotional events by internal marketing teams such as exhibitions, fairs and shows; recommends company sponsorship as appropriate.
– Coordinates process of drawing and optimizing synergies between individual life and group business units, including joint-marketing efforts, brainstorming sessions, etc.
– Liaises with business development and operations to develop and grow bancassurance business.
– Participates in business development activities especially, but not limited to:
o Collaborative efforts with business development managers;
o Assisting in strategic planning for client presentations;
o Offering coaching for prospective client meetings, presentations, etc.;
– Working with regional offices to design and implement prospective and existing client contact systems.
– Develop and implement appropriate market penetration and agency management strategies
– Maximize profitability through proper deployment of sales and service staff to various customer segments, and work with Operations to implement effective processes.
– Identify appropriate non-traditional sales channels e.g. banks, schools, religious organizations, real estate agencies and develop them into complementary income streams.
– Expands distribution by engaging established and emerging intermediaries currently not in our books.
– Drives development of creative reach programs to expand the group customer base and increase market share.
– Enhance relationships with large corporate clients through social and business networking.
– Analyzes competitor activity to understand opportunities and address inefficiencies.
– Analyze business trends from market research activities in order to monitor the effectiveness of the business strategies implemented.
– Analyze information on the performance of products and services and prepare reports on product
opportunities/weaknesses impacting growth potential.
– Gathers pertinent competitive information to assist in developing product development initiatives.
– Coordinate market research to determine factors that affect our agency’s ability to effectively compete in the individual life market.
Product Review and Development
– Measures product performance and liaises with business development and operations departments to
implement appropriate improvements in line with consumer needs.
– Participates in the development and implementation of a structured process of product review and
– Liaises regularly with the business development team to develop products that leverages the company’s competitive edge.
– Provide leadership for the product development team by maintaining consummate market intelligence and periodically reviewing existing products to enhance their quality; to examine on an ongoing basis possible new business potential in traditional and non-traditional sectors, and subsequently formulating plans for developing and launching relevant insurance products and services.
– Coordinate customer service in the department including implementation of customer service standards and monitoring service level agreements.
– Provide excellent customer experience throughout the department by ensuring that policy transactions are issued and changes processed accurately and in a timely manner.
– Develop and maintain effective working relationships with agents and clients through correspondence, client visits phone calls and email.
– Works with the operations teams to transition the responsibility for processing business after quotations over to the operations teams.
– Translates strategic marketing plans into actionable marketing communications activities by collaborating and consulting with assigned business units.
Learning and growth
– Attract, train, mentor and lead a highly motivated, energetic and high achieving business development team in Nairobi and the branches.
– Guide teams and individuals toward achieving results by providing them with clear direction, objectives, honest feedback and recognition for results.
– Mentor, coach and motivate team to achieve planned financial results.
– Oversee training of new staff in the department on work procedures and Company policies to ensure
effective client service.
– Hold meetings, discussions, and consultations with staff to ensure that all hindrances to job performance are addressed in good time.
– Arbitrate on any conflict within the department to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
– Appraise staff in the department on job performance and handle any performance issues identified.
– Prepare staff leave schedule and ensure staff in the department clear all their leave balances before their anniversary dates.
– Continue to build personal skill set by participating in in-house programs (including e-learning), industry related courses and seminars as deemed necessary to expand product and system knowledge.
– Understand and actively support and advocate the organizations mission, vision and core values
– Set the standards for individual performance, metrics and goals to contribute to the overall success of the department
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
– Minimum academic qualification is University degree
– Professional Qualification ACII or its equivalent
– 10 years of experience in similar position
How To Apply
If you meet the role requirements, kindly submit your CV in the form below or via firstname.lastname@example.org by quoting the job title on the subject line by 5th January 2022