Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Summary: The Pharmaceutical Technologist is responsible for ensuring accurate compounding, dispensing, patient education and handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders so as to meet the patient needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive prescriptions from patients, verify and dispense drugs within approved standards and procedures to enable overall patient satisfaction
- Verify expiry dates of drugs, prior to dispensing, to prevent anomalies in service delivery
- Dispense drugs accurately and in timely manner to uphold quality standards of the department
- Ensure the accuracy of the label before dispensing for right patient, right drug and right quantity, for effective service delivery
- Counsel patients on drug administration for optimum customer satisfaction
- Compound drugs when required, for effective service provision
- Comply and observe the environmental health and safety measures and regulations
- Contact the physician for inaccuracies in prescription order, proper documentation and communication of it to the nursing and pharmacy staff
- Complete the expiry list accurately and in timely manner, for proper recording and monitoring of drugs
- Maintain and update a personal drug knowledge data base, to ensure accurate provision of pharmaceutical care of general disease states as well as specialized knowledge in the assigned area of expertise
- Monitor and record fridge temperatures twice a day to ensure compliance and medication safety
- Ensure complete documentation of all patient documents, interventions, incidents and other records kept in the department
- Ensure that the variance levels in your stock-takes are kept to a minimum
- Random stock take to be performed twice weekly in satellite where you are on duty
- To conduct Nursing Floor inspections every week for all ward stock, solutions and patient medication left behind (This is especially because of DDA issues)
- Ensure that the Pharmacy is neat and clean at all times
- Process payment for patients i.e. NHIF, Insurance and Cash according to Finance Procedures
- Perform any other duties, from time to time, as may be assigned by the Pharmacy Supervisor or any other authority appointed over him/her.
Minimum Requirement / Qualifications:
- Diploma in Pharmacy from Kenya Medical Training College
- Member of Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
- Licensed by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a busy clinic
- Must have accumulated the required continuous professional development points (CPD) from the Pharmacy and Poison’s Board
- Familiarity with hospital pharmacy functioning
- Good knowledge of physiology, pharmacology and pharmaceuticals
- Familiarity with locally available drugs and their clinical indications
- Ability to communicate effectively with medical professionals
- Ability to work with a team of people with varying backgrounds and training;
- Ability to keep up to date with Continuous Pharmaceutical Developments and Continuous Medical Education Programs.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by sending their application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 08th January 2022 at 5.00 pm.
Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Short listed candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, gender, religion, nationality, physical or mental disability, age or sexual orientation.