Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION: STRATEGIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST (2)
LOCATION: MIGORI (1) NAIROBI (1)
REPORTS TO: SI LEAD
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Under the supervision of the Strategic Information Lead, the SI Specialist will provide technical assistance and capacity building to M&E and data management staff at Point of Service in support of SI activities. S/he will provide support to the M&E and data management components at the Point of Service level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide specialized training to facility and other partner staff in Health Information Systems including IQCare and other databases.
- Provide mentorship to site data clerks on HIV related M&E systems.
- Provide support and data analysis training to health facility staff with focus on use of IQCare.
- Conduct routine data management including data collection, collation, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure that all national HIV related tools are available in supported facilities and health care workers are mentored to use them appropriately.
- Data analysis, generating of reports and presentation to the program on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis to inform the program/donor/MoH.
- Develop and revise M&E processes and related tools that support quality assurance for key program areas.
- Provide capacity building and other form of support to site level staff on M&E activities such as data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Conduct data quality assessments with strategic action plans and share assessment findings for improvement.
- Conduct targeted site visits to provide mentorship on all issues related to Strategic Information.
- Conduct data quality control/assurance activities.
- Manage project databases and generate reports for donor reporting and project management.
- Develop SQL queries and related activities.
Qualifications and Professional Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Health Information Systems, Public Health, Health Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics, or any other relevant degree. A Master’s degree will be a definite plus
- Training in M&E from a credible institution is desirable
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with HIV data systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced computer skills including advanced excel, MS access, PowerPoint etc.
- Training in a statistical data analysis software is desirable
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 13TH January 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “STRATEGIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.