Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
The Project MEAL Coordinator will provide leadership and support in development and operationalization of research agenda, development of tools and documentation of lessons learnt from e-voucher transactions, development of M&E plans at project level and ensure that the system aligns with CARE Kenya M&E indicators; Support in strengthening capacity of project team and CARE staff in the region on M&E. In addition the MEAL Coordinator will be supervising data management support to the project, help strengthen data quality checks and ensure that data is of high quality, supporting the program team to carry out onsite data verifications, strengthening project quality and accountability and generating evidence, documentation of innovations and their outcomes at all levels of the project. The MEAL Coordinator will also ensure quality of project activities at CARE level is assessed against set quality benchmarks; that project stakeholder input is sought at different levels; and project findings are shared with the stakeholders and feedback incorporated into project decision making process for accountability and learning.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 1: Leadership and Coordination in the Development and operationalization of BINANCE project M&E System and capacity building of project staff (40%).
- Provide leadership support in all aspects of M&E for the project.
- Work with Program manager in the development of the M&E plan and implementation strategy, ensuring that all interventions are well captured and indicators of monitoring progress and measuring outcomes are technically sound and captured.
- Support compliance to the program M&E Plan at Country office level and monitoring compliance of partners and CAREs M&E plans.
- Working with the Program Manager, develop tools for data collection and reporting, and their guidelines for use and ensuring that compliance to the tools is achieved.
- Develop assessments and identification of program beneficiaries, program data base and ensure the same is updated monthly and reports generated, as often as per indicators for reporting progress at individual level and contextual level.
- Support monitoring of M&E activities as indicated in the work plan and against the M&E budget.
- Ensuring monitoring and reporting timelines are compiled to.
- Working closely with the program team provide quarterly progress updates on program activities against implementation and M&E plan and ensuring that the actions proposed are incorporated to improve performance measurement.
- Working with the Project team to identify M&E capacity gaps and develop capacity building plans to address those gaps.
- Working closely with Program team to support the documentation of Human-Interest Stories and lessons learnt.
- Support the Program Manager in planning and facilitating program monitoring and evaluation strengthening activities for the program.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 2: Providing adequate data management support to the project while ensuring that data is of highest quality and there is evidence of adequate support documentation (30%).
- Responsible for updating the project database/ performance framework monthly with verified performance results.
- Support in the development of database/data capturing tools.
- Closely working with the Project team, perform data quality checks/verification to all data received and collected with an aim of ensuring that program data is reliable and accurate.
- Together with the Program team, perform quarterly and annual monitoring support at field level and routinely support in conducting data audits/trails.
- Ensure that all project data support documents are appropriately stored for easy of retrieval during verification and other need basis.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 3: Strengthened Collaboration and Networking (20%)
- Represent the Project in core monitoring and evaluation committees, National & County engagements, and related program activities as necessary.
- Represent the Project in decentralised M&E forums, selected M&E capacity building and strengthening forums with a view to keeping the program informed on current initiatives and developments in M&E, and provide staffs updates from these forums.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor, related to collaboration and networking.
JOB RESPONSIBILITY 4: Strengthen CAREs performance in building Economic resilience of VSLAs through provision of e-voucher and perform other duties as assigned (10%).
- Support enhanced management cohesion of cross sectoral and innovation areas of the project at sectoral National and Country Office programs and staff, in MEAL.
- Strengthen CARE’s Monitoring and Evaluation roles including MEAL systems development, reporting of Program and Project Information and Impact Reporting System (PIIRS), capacity strengthening on quality M&E
- Support CARE’s achievement of strategic interventions as outlined in the strategic plan, program principles and other frameworks
- Undertake any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor or management that enhance CARE’s mission.
- Degree in Monitoring and evaluation, Impact measurement, Project Management and planning, statistics, social sciences or related field or equivalent experience, Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Training on qualitative and quantitative data analysis tools/software.
- Training in Gender will be an added advantage
- At least Seven years of work experience in monitoring and evaluation of Health -Sexual and Reproductive Health, and Economic empowerment programs
- Excellent written, verbal English and presentation/communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to develop and implement gender transformative monitoring and evaluation systems and plans and applied know kedge and understanding of feminist approaches to MEAL.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, participatory approaches, management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
- Familiarity with performance-based funding systems and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple programs/projects in both the public and NGO sectors
- Experience with and understanding of relevant donor frameworks and reporting systems
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data using appropriate software and platforms
- Familiarity with mobile data collection tools – ODK, KOBO Collect, E- recording
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Access, MS Excel, and statistical packages (SPSS, STATA, EPI INFO etc.)
- Data and information presentation skills
- Strong mentorship and partnership skills
- Analytical capacity
- Excellent inter-personal, facilitation skills and communication skills
- Person of high moral character and professional integrity
- Must expressly be supportive of girls and women’s empowerment
Deadline to receive all applications will be on or before 24th January 2022, at 5.00 P.M EAT.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. CARE has a commitment to gender, equity and diversity in our workplace and operations. CARE respects and values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexuality, ethnicity, age, disability, religion or politics. This is reflected in our recruitment decisions which are made entirely through a transparent, merit-based selection process. All CARE staffs are required to comply with the Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Protection (CP) policies.