Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Manager Audit Follow up – Internal Audit Department
Department: Internal Audit
Division: Quality Compliance
Section / Unit: Audit Follow Up
Location / Work station: Times Towers, Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi or Other Regional Office
The job holder is responsible for reviewing the implementation status of internal audit recommendations, quality management system internal audit recommendations and Kenya National Audit Office recommendations to support achievement of the business goals and objectives and conformance of the Authority’s Quality Management System to the requirements of the ISO 9001: 2008/2015 Standard.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manage administrative functions within the audit follow up unit.
- Communicate assigned tasks to audit teams in a clear and concise manner to ensure high quality, accurate and efficient results.
- Develop the Annual Audit Work Plan (AAWP) for the unit determining work priorities, schedules and staffing.
- Provide work instructions and assist employees with difficult and/or unusual assignments, encourage innovation, achievement of goals and foster team work through resolution of problems and mediates conflicts during operations.
- Identify skills gaps including completing performance appraisals, personal development, succession plans, mentor and coach staff and on time in accordance with the established performance management system.
- Review audit follow up workings for accuracy, completeness and quality.
- Prepares timely audit reports for Top management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate follow up on implementation of Kenya National audit Office (OAG) audit recommendations.
- Coordinate follow up on implementation of internal audit recommendations.
- Coordinate follow up on implementation of quality management system internal audit recommendations.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Preparation of unit monthly performance report.
- Prepare unit annual budgets and monitor their implementation.
- Assist in development of the Departmental risk register.
- Provide advisory/consultancy support across the Authority.
- Development of unit budget
- Expenditure recommendations
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provides oversight for physical assets assigned to Audit follow up unit.
- Makes decisions using standard operating procedures.
- Plan the work of subordinates.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
- Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Business, Finance, Mathematics, IT, Engineering
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- CIA or CISA, CPAK or ACCA, Membership of ICPAK, ISACA or IIA
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 5 years work experience,2 years at entry level Management.
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organisational skills
- Computer proficient
- Strategic leadership
- High level of integrity
- Ability to understand business processes and good awareness of functional relationships of Departments within the Authority.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
- Understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Management and supervisory skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 25th January 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)