Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PRINCIPAL BUSINESS ANALYST – (22000005)
We are pleased to announce the following opportunity in the Digital IT within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Engagement Lead – Financial Services, the position holder will play a senior role in the Financial Services IT function – to lead the analysis, definition and configuration of new Financial Services’ products, platforms and associated integrations. You will provide thought leadership and direction in considering all aspects of product design, supporting product development teams to meet business requirements efficiently and safely in line with established standards.
- Driving the analysis and design activities of Financial Services products delivery, set direction and quality check the deliverables of other team members.
- Oversee the elicitation of requirements information from business users and product experts, negotiate with stakeholders to understand real underlying requirements and priority.
- Analyse, validate and organise information into appropriate artefacts (business requirements documents, workflows, business configuration documentation, team backlogs).
- Specify and implement functional behaviour for the system, covering features, business process definition, acceptance criteria report definition, business logic and use cases.
- Leading with development teams to ensure business intent is understood and effectively carried into development phases.
- Gain and maintain a detailed understanding of the system design and architecture in order to validate requirements and define functional behaviour of the service.
- Contribute to the specification of Functional Acceptance Test strategy and test scenarios.
- Working and aligning with the Risk and Compliance teams to complete new product and service risk assessments and ensure services reach Safaricom compliance standards.
- Conduct peer reviews of Business Analysis documentation ensuring review comments are clearly documented and articulated.
- Establish a network of contacts and build strong relations with all stakeholders including customers, internal and external suppliers and senior management assuring engagement and commitment by all parties.
- At least 4 years proven track record of successful delivery in a senior Business / Systems analysis, Product Owner, or Business Architecture role, and be looking to progress your career as a functional and technical expert in your field.
- Experience of software development lifecycle is essential, in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Flexibility to apply the right tool to the job – experienced in the use of common business and systems analysis methodologies and modelling tools (e.g. UML, BPMN, Enterprise Architect, JIRA).
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry (e.g banking, mobile money, retail financial services).
- Strong process and analytical skills, able to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Strong business and customer focus.
- Ability to work proactively within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product development process.
- Ability to communicate and influence with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Formal Business Analysis qualification would be an advantage such as CBAP.
- Ideally educated to degree level, or equivalent
How To Apply