Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Raoul Wallenberg Institute is currently seeking candidates for the position as Programme Associate in Nairobi, Kenya. The position is full-time, with start date as soon as possible. An existing right to work in Kenya is required. Subject to funding, the initial contract will be signed for a period of one year, with possible extension. The offered contract will be under Kenyan labour law and based on RWI terms and conditions for national staff.
The Programme Associate’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative support to RWI’s international programmes to facilitate the efficient planning, implementation and follow-up of the programmes.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with logistical and administrative arrangements relating to the implementation of programme activities, including: making travel arrangements; identifying and booking activity venues; communication with and necessary administrative support to resource persons, participants and partners; preparing, sourcing and ordering equipment and materials; collecting and filing activity documentation; and preparing and summarising information for reports
- Support external communicitation related to programme activities (draft text for website and information materials, and prepare layout and visual presentation)
- Maintain and file records of expenditure, process invoices and claims for payments and track payments relating to the carrying out of programme activities
- Prepare periodic information on programme expenditures
- Assist with administrating office affairs, including in relation to service staff, transport, maintenance, stationary and consumables
- Plan and implement activities as outlined in approved work plans, including: developing terms of reference and agreements; developing agendas and materials; securing resource persons and other necessary inputs for activities; making necessary logistical arrangements (travel, accommodation, etc.); and coordinating completion of activity deliverables
- Periodic travel to programme activity sites to facilitate the implementation of programme activities.
Based at the RWI office in Nairobi, Kenya, the position usually involves frequent travel to programme sites to facilitate the implementation of programme objectives, and to assess and report on programme developments and results.
The position demands a high level of flexibility and readiness to work at many different levels. At times, the workload can be high.
The knowledge, experience, skills, abilities and attitudes required for satisfactory job performance
- Relevant education e.g. project management, international development or social sciences
- At least 3-5 years of experience of relevant project administration or office support work
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong administrative, organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English
- Supportive of a learning organisation with a strong willingness to share knowledge
- Flexible and proactive mindset with a desire to continuously improve work performance
- Strong supportive and service-minded attitude as well as a high sense of responsibility and commitment with strong attention to detail
- Experience with human rights work in Kenya, Ethiopia or East Africa
- Experience working with international development cooperation
- Experience with communication and content writing
Submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter by clicking on “Apply” and following the instructions. In your cover letter, please also confirm that you have an existing right to work in Kenya verifying this as necessary. Please note that we only accept applications via the RWI website. The deadline for applications is 26 January 2022 and we continuously evaluate candidates, so please apply as soon as possible. RWI is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applicants regardless of sex/gender, disability, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation or age.