Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req26940
Job Title: Senior Human Resource Officer- Compensation & Benefits
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
To support the organization’s efforts to improve retention, engagement and reward for its talent that supports delivery of its strategic mandates through development and management of strategic reward schemes, contract management, record management, reporting and management of effective HRMIS.
- Responsible for managing implementation of staff contracts that include implementation of offers, confirmation letters, amendments, extensions/renewals, transfers, notices etc.
- Responsible for the preparation of the payroll and administration of staff benefits that include gratuity, leave, medical insurance, group personal accident insurance and other allowances.
- Lead periodic pay and benefits review and support the HR Manager in the design, development and establishment of appropriate employee recognition schemes.
- Support the HR Manager in regular salary and benefits surveys by updating Birches/ PWC annual questionaries
- Ensure an up to date accurate record management system is in place and that staff payroll files (both electronic and physical) are updated in compliance with IRC’s audit check-list.
- Ensure IRCK reporting includes monthly and quarterly reports on Diversity, Global Matrix, HR Strategy/ Annual Business Plan implementation etc
- Manage performance of the Nairobi based HR Officer/Assistant by ensuring they have challenging objectives, provide of both administrative and technical support, on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, sharing best practices/business processes and ensuring they are regularly updated with new initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Manage IRCK relationship with the IRCK Legal Advisor and stay abreast and disseminate impacts of new Labour laws to the Country Programme in relation to taxation, minimum wage and other staff benefits.
- Responsible for the management of Workday employee record system that includes capacity building employees and its entire management and reporting.
- Support development of IRCK’s HR strategy, annual business plans, policies and procedures.
- Implement audit recommendations in areas of responsibility and support the overall HR Risk Management efforts. Cover for the HR Manager position whenever required.
- Minimum Educational level required: Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources Management
- Diploma in Human Resources
- Experience: 4 years of experience in Benefits and Compensation and contract management.
- Qualification/hands-on experience in development and administration of reward systems
- Emotional maturity and ability to work in confidentiality
- Have interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Have a sense of organization and being proactive
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Work environment: Nairobi Office-based with travel to the field
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.