Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Outreach Clinic Nyeri
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in Kenya accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 50 years.
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi Outreach Division is a rapidly growing network of 50 medical centers spread over East Africa. These medical centers feature three to five consulting rooms with a practice that is home to qualified medical officers, highly-experienced nurses and constant reception cover. The clinics offer an on-site pharmacy and laboratory as well as radiology and sonography services. There is high expectation from staff to provide high quality professional services
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nyeri County Kenya. The position holder will report to the Clinical Quality & Patient Safety Manager and to the Outreach Operation’s Manager.
- Complete head to toe assessment and re-assessment of patients to identify their care needs
- Develop written care plans based on patients’ needs, monitor and evaluate effectiveness of interventions
- Carry out hemodynamic monitoring to include vital signs, neurological and fluid status; labs and radiological evaluations
- Document all assessment data, investigation results, care given, discussions with the multidisciplinary team, family/patient interactions in an accurate, comprehensive and timely manner
- Administer medication safely, monitor patient responses to medication and report adverse reactions promptly.
- Dispose of clinical and non-clinical waste safely in accordance with Aga khan University Hospital Guidelines on waste management.
- Prepare for and assist physicians to perform various procedures in the clinic.
- Maintain adequate airway management to include oxygen therapy, nebulization and suctioning
- Perform pain assessment and initiate analgesia as per protocol
- Promptly report both clinical and non-clinical unusual findings/incidences to the Clinic in charge, Clinical Quality Manager or Operations Manager.
- Identify patient and family education needs and implement appropriate teaching
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies, and perform timely safety checks on restraints, examination coaches, oxygen source and other medical equipment in the clinic.
- Be accountable for judicious and efficient use of resources i.e. accurate and timely billing of clinic stock drugs and consumables
- Care for equipment through proper cleaning, storage, per shift check of the inventory and timely reporting and follow up of non-functional equipment to the Operations manager
- Follow discharge procedure of the out patients according to hospital protocol, and ensure follow up appointments are made where needed.
- Participate in clinic based nursing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, audits, spot checks and skill checks
- RN from a recognized school of nursing or University
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum requirement of 3 years’ continuous clinical experience in medical surgical Nursing.
- Demonstrate evidence based knowledge of the current practices in general nursing in an outpatient set up.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
How To Apply